First Subaru WRX for me!

This is a discussion on First Subaru WRX for me! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there, my name is Ratha and I'm a proud owner of a 2013 Satin White Pearl WRX 5-door (BASE) ...

First Subaru WRX for me!

Hi there, my name is Ratha and I'm a proud owner of a 2013 Satin White Pearl WRX 5-door (BASE)

Sorry for not having any pictures up but it's stock from the dealer. I opted for fog lights, auto dimming mirror, short shift kit, and some all weather cargo/floor mats.

The car is very enjoyable especially since I have been driving it in the rain. If I was to change one thing, it be the interior trims, too much cheap plastic.

My previous cars were:
    2002 E46 M3
    1999 E36 M3
    1999 Honda Civic SI

I am not into any engine modifications and that could be because my previous cars were all high strung NA motors. So...It's going to take a little time for me to learn about all the parts that we can do to this engine. anything out of the basic exhaust, intake, cam gears, headers etc is new to me.

After driving the car for about two weeks, I think I am going to look into new shocks for my car. I'm looking for a suspension kit that would make me say, "Hey this is how it should've come from the factory." If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be helpful. I would like to retain stock level height and wheels.

As far as interior, I know the STI and WRX have different pillars/headliner color and seats. What about the door panels, are they the same?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats! We require pics of new cars!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Congratulations on the new WRX.

I have almost same WRX as you but mines black and I added on in addition to what you have the Sirius radio integration and subwoofer.

The short throw shifter is totally worth it and the fog lights are great add on as well. Enjoy.

Welcome!....and post those damn pictures as I love white hatches!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch