Hello from a Californian living in NC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hello from a Californian living in NC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone. I've been lurking on this site for a few days, and just thought I would join since I ...

Registered User GuntherGoldenrod's Avatar

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on this site for a few days, and just thought I would join since I just recently ordered a '13 WRB sedan wrx. I was told the wait will be anywhere from 3-4 months which sucks, but I'm patient and I'd rather wait and have the car the way I want it (spt exhaust, short throw, rex spoiler) than have a bunch of options I don't need. Its pretty exciting since I'm coming from an '08 Lancer GTS, which has served me well, but it just doesn't have that ooomph for the occasional spirited run. I was considering both the STI and the WRX, but realized that the WRX fit my lifestyle better and would be cheaper to insure since I'm still pretty young (about to turn 22). I figured I'll wait til my late 20's to get the STI.

I like to consider myself a driving enthusiast since I appreciate cars in general and just love to let a car lose on a winding road. Anyways I look forward to being a part of the friendly Subaru community, so I'll see you around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Hi, welcome, I saw you're an F1 fan too from the Formula 1 thread. I think you'll like the Impreza.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User Jonney Knuckles's Avatar
    Welcome from one native Cali boy living in NC now too.. The one thing NC has plenty of is windy back roads. I have a '13 Wrex hatch and I love it driving it through the twists and turns..

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Hi, welcome, I saw you're an F1 fan too from the Formula 1 thread. I think you'll like the Impreza.
    Thanks for the welcome. I like to watch all motorsports in general, mostly because I grew up relatively close to Laguna Seca and I would go to every race every year. Havent been able to watch races these past couple of years due to training and deployments, but this year will be mellow and give me time to get back into racing and enjoy my Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonney Knuckles View Post
    Welcome from one native Cali boy living in NC now too.. The one thing NC has plenty of is windy back roads. I have a '13 Wrex hatch and I love it driving it through the twists and turns..
    I haven't really gone exploring for the winding roads in NC, but I used to love driving highway 1 back in California. It's always good to hear from Californians living in NC, nice state and beaches although the sun sets on the wrong side haha.

Yea I miss driving PCH 1.. But the back mountain roads up in Santa Barbara would be fun as hell in this car.. Luckily I live in rural NC and there are nothing but back roads where I live, just have to watch out for live stock lol...

Oh Santa Barbara. Beautiful area, beautiful women, friendly people. What more could a dude ask for, I love that place.

I need to go look for good roads though, I heard the roads up there by the Virginia-North Carolina border are awesome. I presume that's where you're at?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, Jeff
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherGoldenrod View Post
    Oh Santa Barbara. Beautiful area, beautiful women, friendly people. What more could a dude ask for, I love that place.

I need to go look for good roads though, I heard the roads up there by the Virginia-North Carolina border are awesome. I presume that's where you're at?
    Yep in between the I85 and I95 corridor just below Lake Gaston

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and to NC; I'm in the Charlotte area. Head towards any of the NC mountain areas, and you'll be rewarded with some good roads with a minimum of effort. And, of course, there's always this:

The Tail of the Dragon
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Welcome aboard and to NC; I'm in the Charlotte area. Head towards any of the NC mountain areas, and you'll be rewarded with some good roads with a minimum of effort. And, of course, there's always this:

The Tail of the Dragon
    Charlotte's a beautiful city. I've only been there once (to see the drag races), but its amazing. I don't know if it was just the time of day or what, but I was surprised at how many people were out exercising.

As for that tail of the dragon, I'll be researching that tonight.

Welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast