new to me wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new to me wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just bought my first subaru and what better to buy than a wrx right? only have a few questions ...

new to me wrx

i just bought my first subaru and what better to buy than a wrx right? only have a few questions about things im looking for or looking to improve on the car with. i dont have a boost gauge and not sure what to look for or where to start looking. i also would like to to add a bov but also unsure of where to start with that or what companies are worth looking into buying one from. and last but not least i just had my first oil change on it and was wondering if anyone has used the subaru synthetic oil what it cost and if its worth using over any stranded oil company (mobile 1, valvoline, castrol etc.) oh i also was thinking about adding the rear spoiler and wasnt sure where i could pick up a oem wrx or sti spoiler for a decent price. if you guys can help me out with any of that i would appreciate it. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK...

Boost gauge: There are some very well regarded vendors who frequent this site who can hook you up. FMS and Kronosperformance are both utilized and liked by many. Send them a private message.

BOV. Read this: "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Oil. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on this. All I'll say is that at this point, I choose to take my car to Subaru and let them change the oil so there are records of it getting done. It doesn't cost any more than it would for me to take it to an oil change place, with much less chance of idiocy occurring (drain plug not secured, filter mishaps, etc).

Spoiler. You can contact your dealership about purchasing one new. Or, you can possibly wait longer but utilize the forums with threads like this: UNofficial Trunk Swap Thread

My final word, since you mentioned the BOV, please read the thread in my signature about how to properly modify these cars

Welcome and congrats!

Oh yeah, and we demand pics!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome and congrats indeed!
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

see the crappy thing for me is the nearest dealership is 50+ miles away so is kinda a pain to do that and my buddy works at a valvoline and will change my oil for free as long as i bring my own oil and filter. thanks for the info on bovs never would have thought about the mass air sensor. thanks for all the info. i have one picture of my baby up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball
    Oil. You're going to get a lot of differing opinions on this. All I'll say is that at this point, I choose to take my car to Subaru and let them change the oil so there are records of it getting done. It doesn't cost any more than it would for me to take it to an oil change place, with much less chance of idiocy occurring (drain plug not secured, filter mishaps, etc).
    DIY

Login | My Subaru

Keep track of regular maintenance there. Save all receipts in a folder. Save money and enjoy working on the car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.