greets from Chicago
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on greets from Chicago within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. Not really a WRX owner, at least for now. 08 spec.B here. Was researching handling characteristics of 07+ ...

greets from Chicago

Hey everyone. Not really a WRX owner, at least for now. 08 spec.B here. Was researching handling characteristics of 07+ spec.b vs. wrx and ended up in this thread:
    2011 WRX vs. 2011 Legacy GT why does the GT feel so much slower
    Had to join just to respond to that one but figured I will hang out since I am considering jumping ships and getting 13' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! What's making you consider switching?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome fellow Chicagoan!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome! What's making you consider switching?
    well I am scratching my head over this so I don't have too many good reasons. I love 6MT and torsen LSD in rear, power wise it's satisfactory at stage 1 and stage 2 will be all I need. Pretty fun on the track. Stock bilsteins while rather soft are actually pretty neutral in turns. The car has all possible bells and whistles BUT it's closing on 90K miles so at some point I will have to exchange this and that, upgrade turbo etc. I am considering slightly more agressive exhaust etc. WRX already has all that. VF 52 at stage 2 is perfect for my needs, slightly more agressive exhaust note bone stock, lighter, wider track. 5MT is **** but I am sure I can get used to it no problem. It seems except for 5MT wrx would be a perfect car for me and while STI would be preffered I am not sure if I care for it's additional performance potential on the track. I had a lot of fun in each and every car I tracked so I am sure wrx will do fine just as spec b does. WRX at 24k brand new from the lot is a great bargain I think so instead of dumping money into spec b when time comes I am considering getting new WRX, getting it to stage 1 and never even considering other mods. Stay stock stay happy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.