New almost owner b

This is a discussion on New almost owner b within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, new to the forum. Looking at an sti possibly. Joined to get some more info Looking at a ...

New almost owner b

Hey all, new to the forum. Looking at an sti possibly. Joined to get some more info

Looking at a lot of cars atm the sti being just one of them. Mostly between a focus st or an sti, big difference in price i know lol.

I must say driving them back to back not much of a power difference. Petty equal acceleration honestly. Sti tranny shifted with some authority,reminded me of my mustang, you could tell it had a solid tranny in it!! Focus was way more refined and the interior was about 100% nicer. Focus was more "techy" also. But they have an integrated manifold which limits power making options, and well, it's still a new ford platform. So who knows about the long term reliability lol

The Subaru has all the good stuff brembos/awd/solid tranny etc. which is how I justify the 10k price increase over the focus. Crappy stereo and average seats(compared to the focus's excellent recaros and 300w system) can be remedied rather easily in the sti, so I'm not worried about that. and its a proven platform which I like. Not sure if waiting for the new platform to be revealed is worth it or not.

I'd hate to wait only to find out Subaru went the integrated turbo route as well. Lol
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 11-27-2012 at 12:00 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The focus looks like it would be fun to drive.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

There's a "senior" member on this board who recently got one. He brought it to a meat and said it is extremely fun. Made some claim about it being the most fun he's had in a car in a long time, or ever, or something.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"