Just bought bugeye Sti STOCK and would like your thoughts on mods for track use pls
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just bought bugeye Sti STOCK and would like your thoughts on mods for track use pls within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm absolutely addicted to cars and have owned hundreds of them but this is my first Turbo. I have always ...

Thumbs up Just bought bugeye Sti STOCK and would like your thoughts on mods for track use pls

I'm absolutely addicted to cars and have owned hundreds of them but this is my first Turbo. I have always had fast N/A cars and currently still own a couple of heavily modified race cars for track use only but I wanted something I could drive on the street yet still have a ball on the track and then drive it home. Enter the one owner 2002 WRX Sti with 145,000 km's on her and always serviced by Subaru. Fun straight out of the box I had no choice I had to have it lol. Now its not going to be my everyday driver as I have other newer cars for that, but that said I want it to be relatively trouble free bit of fun remaining road registered. While a fast car its not quite fast enough for me so I was looking at putting a bit more boost into her just to make sure an evo is not likely to go around me on the track lol. What would a safe amount of boost be without modifying the internals? would a manual boost controller surface or will I need to go further and change injectors,remap etc to get the most out of the stock motor. Thanks in advance for allowing a turbo newbie like me to tap into your knowledge bank on what is a truly great little car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i'm not familiar with non-USDM models but i'd assume they are to be treated the same. using a MBC to turn up the boost is not a safe or effective way to get more "oomph"

you'll want to get a full turboback exhaust and get a tune/remap/enginemanagement/etc.

if that's still not enough power, then you'll have to move in to bigger turbo territory which will more than likely entail bigger injectors, fuel pump, remap, etc.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.