New Owner York Pa

This is a discussion on New Owner York Pa within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought an 05 wrx sedan, it has a few mods from previous owner, so far I love this car ...

New Owner York Pa

Just bought an 05 wrx sedan, it has a few mods from previous owner, so far I love this car I have always been a fan of the wrx and finally worked out for me to get one. I would like to know if anyone else is in the York Pa area and has any suggestions of a good spot to get the car looked over and possibly tuned. A little about myself, I am 33 I am a carpenter i also love motorcycles specifically sportbikes and I own an 05 Kawasaki 636 which I am not currently happy with probably a lot more I could say but cant think of anything else right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats on the WRX! Not sure if you would want to drive this far, but there is a place in Lansdale PA named RT Tuning. I have not been there yet myself, but word of mouth in the area is that they are among the best. They work with everything from everyday drivers to racing machines, and according to one of my friends who is familiar with their work, they are excellent.

At any rate, enjoy your new Subie. The WRX is an awesome car.
    It's sad that in this day in age a family can be torn apart by something as small as a pack of wild dogs.

2012 OBP WRX Wagon

So far I am very much enjoying the Subie and couldn't agree more that it is an awesome car. Lansdale is kind of far I was hoping for something in the York, Lancaster, Harrisburg area but thanks for the information and maybe worthwhile if there is nothing closer.

New Owner York Pa

Check out CBRD Speedfactory. He works on EVOs and Wrx/Stis. Great shop! It's in the the York area.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Welcome!

What's already been done to the car?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I thought about cbrd but I didnt know if they did things like little tune ups I've seen the cars they build and they are amazing. From what I can tell calvin there is intake, exhaust, a manual boost controller and i guess the downpipe, it just got cold and windy here yesterday so I havent been outside to explore everything yet. That is why I want to find someone to look it over make sure everything is done correctly and running efficiently

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I thought about cbrd but I didnt know if they did things like little tune ups I've seen the cars they build and they are amazing. From what I can tell calvin there is intake, exhaust, a manual boost controller and i guess the downpipe, it just got cold and windy here yesterday so I havent been outside to explore everything yet. That is why I want to find someone to look it over make sure everything is done correctly and running efficiently
    Good idea, mods sound ok but the mbc is concerning. If the car was done well and professionally, then it may indicate a sweet setup. If not, then it indicates someone who didn't know wtf they were doing haha.

I hear ya on the cold and windy, looks like that yard work I was going to do today maaaaay just have to get done another time.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

[QUOTE=Calvinball;2958620]Good idea, mods sound ok but the mbc is concerning. If the car was done well and professionally, then it may indicate a sweet setup. If not, then it indicates someone who didn't know wtf they were doing haha.

That is exactly my concern and there is no boost guage so I have no idea what that boost controller is doing, i'm not going to act like I know everything about turbo engines but from my limited knowledge, and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the worst that can happen from this setup is running too rich or too lean

There is also a place Westminster MD called IAG Performance.

IAG Performance - Subaru Performance Parts & Service. IAG Home - www.iagperformance.com
    '11 WRX DGM

New Owner York Pa

CBRD has tuned my car and looked it over for me on occasion. Check him out on Facebook. He's in the process of moving to a bigger facility so I'm not sure how is schedule is lately.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Thanks for all the info. lytlec what kind of a fee would I be looking at for that I am assuming that CBRD is not a cheap place

New Owner York Pa

No he's expensive but he does good work. 500 for tune and I think 110 an hour for labor if you have work done. Great shop though. Good guys!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Welcome to the Forums! Glad to see another person from the area. In my opinion the best place in the area to go to get a professional Tune is IAG Performance. JJ and his staff are amazing, and they are always willing to answer any questions you have. Once a month they have tunes done by Jeroge from Cobb Tuning. As soon as I save up enough money I will have them tune my WRX.

CBRD is another great and local shop, but recently I've been told that Chad is starting to turn away Subarus. His prices are also a bit high, but it's all about opinion.

Hope you enjoy your car, and maybe we could meet up some time, I only live a half hour from your location.
    - chad -

'04 WRX "daily driver"
    '72 Datsun 510 "project car"
    '95 Legacy "RIP first love"