oops. what not to do, self diy scan tool diag

This is a discussion on oops. what not to do, self diy scan tool diag within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ..............yea. under the drivers side dash there is a single wire, black(grey stripe) and a green connector female end. and ...

oops. what not to do, self diy scan tool diag

..............yea. under the drivers side dash there is a single wire, black(grey stripe) and a green connector female end. and its mate, with a black(purple stripe i think) used for OBD factory subie techs scan tools. even though they fit together, dont connect these two together!!!!!!!!! you will get a flashing check engine light and although i didnt go into limp mode i got a rather impressive list of FALSE or ghost codes. list as follows *chuckle* scared the beejezus out of me, all i did was take off a door panel to check out the speaker mounts! then......

P0500. vehicle speed sensor malfunction
    P1518. starter switch circut low input.
    p1591. neutral switch??
    p0316. misfire on startup??? havent even touched the starter yet.
    p0131 and 0132. o2 sensors. cars been cold for hours.

im sure this has been covered and im just the new guy making old mistakes but thanks to a local subie sensai i am left with a disconected wire and a gas cap code now cleared. whew. oh yea, dynomat inside the front doors is a snug fit its totally worth it in sound deadening. i can hear my stock turbo BOV working on even slightly spirited driving. yeahaa snow-n-sideways!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's the diagnostic mode connector. Look it up if you'd like. It's used for a few different things.

Also, you may want to do some research before you get crazy with the snow dorifto.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

thanks anub1s! yea i exagerated a bit about the drifting. after 17 years of driving a old camaro year round i am super used to driving out the passenger windows lol. problem with the subie is it drives too good! and i sliped a bit coming home...45mph curve and black ice. held a third gear creeping drift for almost two reflectors on the highway. wife was not on board thankfully. Love my new Blizzak studdless snows and awd. that would have been a ditch in the camaro, studded snow tires or no!