How Long from Port to Dealer?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How Long from Port to Dealer? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How long does it take on average for a car to go from the port to the dealer (Massachusetts dealer)? ...

How long does it take on average for a car to go from the port to the dealer (Massachusetts dealer)? Apparently my car arrived in port on Nov. 15. Where is the port? Boston? NJ? NY?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was thinking that the port would be on the west coast since it is closer to Japan.

Depends on customs passing it

Perhaps there are drugs stashed in it? jk.

From what I've found through google, the port for New England is in Davisville, Rhode Island. So it's not far away. It arrived at port on the 15th and they said the options I wanted would be installed there most likely. So maybe at the end of this week? Or next week? I'll update with how long it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by TimboAA View Post
    Perhaps there are drugs stashed in it? jk.

From what I've found through google, the port for New England is in Davisville, Rhode Island. So it's not far away. It arrived at port on the 15th and they said the options I wanted would be installed there most likely. So maybe at the end of this week? Or next week? I'll update with how long it takes.
    Might I ask how long you've been waiting? I placed my order on 11/3 and am already growing impatient haha. I know the 8-12 week timeline they gave me, but I was just wondering how long you've been waiting. Congrats though, looks like you'll be driving your car soon!

Figured that I should give people waiting for their orders some information about how my whole ordering process has gone. I'm in CT and all of New England works off an allotment system so as Subaru of New England gets the details of the cars on the boat headed for port they cross reference the orders received from dealers in New England and allot cars to them on a first come first serve basis (first order gets preferential treatment.) I'm not sure how other parts of the country function but if they're allotment style it should work the same.

I ordered October 27th, no contact form my dealer after that. Looked on their site and saw that the exact car i ordered was in "transit" to the dealer. I emailed the dealer asking if that was my car and he said yes. This was November 7th that I "got" my VIN#. I took the VIN# from their website that was associated with the car in transit and sent an email to Subaru of America asking where my car was and how long it was going to take to get my car.

They're response was that it was going to arrive in the Boston Port next week. (we'll say November 30th for worst case). Customs, and any port accessories would be installed and then the car would be shipped to my dealer. That it would probably take another week after arriving in port to ship to my dealer, but it could be longer depending on the distance to the dealer.

I'm guessing it won't take a week to get the car from Boston to Western CT, so I'm expecting my car by December 7th at the latest.

That's more or less 6 weeks from the day that I ordered the car from the dealership. Car ordered: 2013 base 5-door WRX with just the cargo tray in plasma blue pearl. ALSO, some orders based on model, color, options might take longer if the factory actually has to make it special for you and you don't just get the exact car your looking for allotted to you.

So I'd assume that your car would being going to the Boston port. I'm sure there are other ports along the east coast as well for anyone else wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    Figured that I should give people waiting for their orders some information about how my whole ordering process has gone. I'm in CT and all of New England works off an allotment system so as Subaru of New England gets the details of the cars on the boat headed for port they cross reference the orders received from dealers in New England and allot cars to them on a first come first serve basis (first order gets preferential treatment.) I'm not sure how other parts of the country function but if they're allotment style it should work the same.

I ordered October 27th, no contact form my dealer after that. Looked on their site and saw that the exact car i ordered was in "transit" to the dealer. I emailed the dealer asking if that was my car and he said yes. This was November 7th that I "got" my VIN#. I took the VIN# from their website that was associated with the car in transit and sent an email to Subaru of America asking where my car was and how long it was going to take to get my car.

They're response was that it was going to arrive in the Boston Port next week. (we'll say November 30th for worst case). Customs, and any port accessories would be installed and then the car would be shipped to my dealer. That it would probably take another week after arriving in port to ship to my dealer, but it could be longer depending on the distance to the dealer.

I'm guessing it won't take a week to get the car from Boston to Western CT, so I'm expecting my car by December 7th at the latest.

That's more or less 6 weeks from the day that I ordered the car from the dealership. Car ordered: 2013 base 5-door WRX with just the cargo tray in plasma blue pearl. ALSO, some orders based on model, color, options might take longer if the factory actually has to make it special for you and you don't just get the exact car your looking for allotted to you.

So I'd assume that your car would being going to the Boston port. I'm sure there are other ports along the east coast as well for anyone else wondering.
    That's pretty fast, I ordered on 11/3/12 a '13 limited DGM hatch with the short throw and spt exhaust. I hope I don't have to wait too long, though I guess they aren't making as many limited so the chances of getting allocated one seems less likely. Does the allocation work where the next '13 limited DGM 5 door that comes in is mine, or do they have to match it with the short throw and exhaust? I'd assume they wouldn't have to match that portion of it since that can all be done at port?

It takes exactly 93 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes, and 16 seconds until it gets to the dealer once it hits port. This is partially due to the port being in Nome, Alaska.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Damn I got lucky, although mine I'm pretty sure was a dealer trade (74 miles on the ODO upon delivery). It came in within 3 weeks.

Long 3 weeks though...

oh hey olenderc.

I would assume that the short throw and spt are port installed, so your probably just waiting on the trim/color and whatever you are in the pecking order for that combination within Subaru of new england's ordering database. I could be wrong though.

Sweet...the car arrived at the dealer today. Due to the holiday I won't be picking it up until Saturday. Original order was placed on 10/12/12. It arrived at the port on 11/15/12 and was at the dealer today's 11/21/12.

Goodbye MX-5, I will miss you :-( perhaps in 20 years I will own another roadster.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.