new dude. just bought my first subaru. got some questions

This is a discussion on new dude. just bought my first subaru. got some questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well im tryin to learn the site and some things about my car. i just bought a 2010 subaru wrx ...

new dude. just bought my first subaru. got some questions

well im tryin to learn the site and some things about my car. i just bought a 2010 subaru wrx hatch. im not new to the tuner world. ive had 2 cobalt ss a supercharged one and a turbod one. I got a few questions id like to get some suggestions on. Im not gonna be the retarded dude posting crazy **** like i want to make 500 whp. i just want to know as far as mods with the stock turbo for now what would u guys suggest as far as brands of parts and fmic compared to tmic and why? any help id appreciate it. For now until the new year im just gonna do a few basic things since ill be spending some time in the mountains. Like a muffler delete, window tint and a rack just to make it look good and sound better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hate to be that guy.. but since I'm the first in..

"search" It works well brother.. it will tell you everything you need to know.

Before that though there are sticky's in each forum category.. esp in the modding dept

Engine Modifications

Tuning: Electronic Engine Management

Transmission & AWD

hit the sticky's.. lots of reading here
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

thanks man. yeah ive been doing some research but i was just seein if some people could throw some stuff in off the top of their head. maybe i dont think about lookin certain things up

Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    thanks man. yeah ive been doing some research but i was just seein if some people could throw some stuff in off the top of their head. maybe i dont think about lookin certain things up
    Off the top of the head....accessport. Quick stage 1 flash on a stock WRX will net you a little more power but more importantly you will get rid of the crappy stock tune that runs lean while in boost and it will smooth out your power delivery. Plus its a good tool to have for doing logs and monitoring your car. The stock intake is good up to about 400hp so a CAI or short ram is not needed unless your looking for a little more BPV/turbo noise. Also a basic catback is a good start and does not require a tune.

Next would be a downpipe but this would require an asscessport or open soure tune to stage 2.

TMIC vs FMIC...I'm not an expert on this but I'm pretty sure the differences are you can have a bigger IC if its a FM and it reduces heat soak thus allowing the engine to have colder more dense air. I'm also pretty sure that the stock TMIC is good all the way up to stage 2. Once you start getting into turbo swaps is when most people go to a FMIC. Again I'm not an IC expert and could be wrong so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Welcome and congrats!

The link in my sig is a good starting point for figuring out how these cars like to be modded.

What mountains?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by punkndrublic04 View Post
    Off the top of the head....accessport. Quick stage 1 flash on a stock WRX will net you a little more power but more importantly you will get rid of the crappy stock tune that runs lean while in boost and it will smooth out your power delivery. Plus its a good tool to have for doing logs and monitoring your car. The stock intake is good up to about 400hp so a CAI or short ram is not needed unless your looking for a little more BPV/turbo noise. Also a basic catback is a good start and does not require a tune.

Next would be a downpipe but this would require an asscessport or open soure tune to stage 2.

TMIC vs FMIC...I'm not an expert on this but I'm pretty sure the differences are you can have a bigger IC if its a FM and it reduces heat soak thus allowing the engine to have colder more dense air. I'm also pretty sure that the stock TMIC is good all the way up to stage 2. Once you start getting into turbo swaps is when most people go to a FMIC. Again I'm not an IC expert and could be wrong so maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
    Thanks alot man. ill deff go for the accessport. i will prally do the cai to help out with fuel milage and the fact it makes the car sound more badass.

north carolina mountains

Re: new dude. just bought my first subaru. got some questions

Where at in NC mountains. I'm up in Mitchell county bordering Tennessee. I recently purchased my 2010 WRX sedan, still stock.

Looking to get a turbo back and tune eventually. Not much more, maybe suspension and what not.

Thanks alot man. ill deff go for the accessport. i will prally do the cai to help out with fuel milage and the fact it makes the car sound more badass.
    CAI intake will defiantly make it sound louder, but unfortunately it does nothing for mpgs. on these cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    ...and the fact it makes the car sound more badass.
    As said, an intake is just a noisemaker on an otherwise stock car. It might even hurt performance unless the car is tuned for it.

Check out my signature for links on the Cobb "stages". This will break down what we mean when you hear the terms Stage 1, Stg II, etc. They also state explicitly what modifications are compatible with their off the shelf maps. As stated, research around the engine mod forums, and read the stickies. They have decades of communal knowledge in there and are an invaluable resource to get you started. If you have specific questions beyond those that you can't find answers to, feel free to ask. Welcome and post pics!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Where at in NC mountains. I'm up in Mitchell county bordering Tennessee. I recently purchased my 2010 WRX sedan, still stock.

Looking to get a turbo back and tune eventually. Not much more, maybe suspension and what not.
    Asheville and boone area