New...ish Member, Ordered my WRX in October and Thought I'd say hello!

This is a discussion on New...ish Member, Ordered my WRX in October and Thought I'd say hello! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been lurking around for awhile, thought it was time to make a post of my own saying hey. I've ...

New...ish Member, Ordered my WRX in October and Thought I'd say hello!

I've been lurking around for awhile, thought it was time to make a post of my own saying hey.

I've been waiting to own one of these things for 12 years, and since I finally got my first real person job I ordered my 5-door plasma blue pearl on October 27th and just got the VIN# of my car today! Still no port date, or any real shipping information as of yet, but at least I know that the order went through!

Once it comes in I'll be sure to throw up some pics!

The only question I have is, is it worth getting dedicated 16" winter rims instead of just putting winter tires on the stock rims?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!

Yes, it's definitely worth getting a second set of rims. Steel wheels pay for themselves the first year you don't have to do a swap, and even the cheap Tire Rack alloy rims pay for themselves in two years of not having to do swaps.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading