New to ClubWRX, based in Seattle

This is a discussion on New to ClubWRX, based in Seattle within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I have an '03 Impreza WRX wagon. I'll have to post pics of my car when I get it ...

New to ClubWRX, based in Seattle

Hello,

I have an '03 Impreza WRX wagon. I'll have to post pics of my car when I get it back. I just had a piston fail, and I'm looking at upgrading the engine to a 2.5L engine, as one of the mechanic's at Group 2 said "the saying goes: there is no replacement for displacement." He advised me to get a "complete" engine to install. There'll still be more, clutch, fuel injectors, fuel pump. I'll do the TMIC and turbo later. I was always planning on upgrading the engine. I've put a Cobb downpipe and Borla Hush (not so quiet) catback. Stage 2 firmware. I recently picked up a short ram intake, but haven't installed it as the failure just happened. Oh well. This is just accelerating the process, expense, and most important of all: the fun!

I'll just come out and say I'm a newbie, and I'm hoping to get some useful help here. And one day when I do know what I'm talking about, help other people just starting out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome, I just joined and am around Seattle with an 03 wrx wagon. Sucks about your piston though.

Thanks! Yeah it sucks, but on the bright side, I'll have a much faster car when I'm done!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tersplat View Post
    Welcome, I just joined and am around Seattle with an 03 wrx wagon. Sucks about your piston though.
    Port Orchard isn't near Seattle.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Port Orchard isn't near Seattle.
    Google Maps says you're wrong. 24 miles from center to center, is pretty damn close in the scheme of things. My city is almost as far from Salt Lake City, and I'd still say I'm around SLC.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Google Maps says you're wrong. 24 miles from center to center, is pretty damn close in the scheme of things. My city is almost as far from Salt Lake City, and I'd still say I'm around SLC.
    24 miles over a hour of travel time. There is a lot closer to Seattle than across the Sound.

And Welcome to the Forums OP.

Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    24 miles over a hour of travel time. There is a lot closer to Seattle than across the Sound.

And Welcome to the Forums OP.
    An hour travel is nothing. I was in Seattle more times than I went to work last week looking at cars, so I would consider it pretty close. It's an hour drive or an hour ferry ride away.

I Support ClubWRX
    I say I'm from Seattle because if I say SeaTac no one knows WTF I'm talking about. lol

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I say I'm from Seattle because if I say SeaTac no one knows WTF I'm talking about. lol
    You live at the airport? lol. Never been there and I know what you're talking about. Then again, I have ships that go there every week... so, yeah. :P
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    You live at the airport? lol. Never been there and I know what you're talking about. Then again, I have ships that go there every week... so, yeah. :P
    Trying to explain to someone that SeaTac is between Seattle and Tacoma can prove to be difficult.

I Support ClubWRX
    Trying to explain to someone that SeaTac is between Seattle and Tacoma can prove to be difficult.
    I have no doubt. I'm sure people near DFW feel the same way.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I have no doubt. I'm sure people near DFW feel the same way.
    Yeah...the average American is pretty dumb when it comes to geography. Lindsay's mom thought Australia was in S. America. Lol