Newbie w/ 4 questions HELP!!!

This is a discussion on Newbie w/ 4 questions HELP!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i am planning to purchase the ARK GRIP EXHAUST, AEM CAI, and AP Stage 2. Q1: Do you think ...

Newbie w/ 4 questions HELP!!!

Well i am planning to purchase the ARK GRIP EXHAUST, AEM CAI, and AP Stage 2.

Q1: Do you think the ARK GRIP EXHAUST would fit to my 2011 WRX? Coz i didn't see any WRX, its only STI. Are they the same?

Q2: After installing the exhaust, intake, and ap. Can i still drive my car going to the shop who does tuning? Coz my friend told me i can't drive my car.

Q3: Do you think its a good deal for 14k mileages for 23k WRX? I ordered the 2013 but i've been waiting for 3 months now.

Q4: I am looking for legit wheels that looks like XXR 527, any suggestions?

here is the link for the car that i'm going to purchase this week.

Cars for Sale: 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan in Silver Spring, MD 20904: Sedan Details - 332908993 - AutoTrader.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1) I've never heard of that specific brand. I'm almost sure with newer models the sti/wrx exhausts are not interchangeable but someone can chime in

2) the accessport IS a method of tuning. No additional tuning is required and you can drive the car immediately after flashing the stage 2 map. Please do not listen to your friend.

3) sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say

4) the xxr 527 is a replica of wedssport tc105n. you might want to look into those.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thank you pwincess

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    1) I've never heard of that specific brand. I'm almost sure with newer models the sti/wrx exhausts are not interchangeable but someone can chime in

2) the accessport IS a method of tuning. No additional tuning is required and you can drive the car immediately after flashing the stage 2 map. Please do not listen to your friend.

3) sorry, I have no idea what you're trying to say

4) the xxr 527 is a replica of wedssport tc105n. you might want to look into those.

What I'm tryin to say was, i am planning to get the 2011 wrx w/ 14k mileages for $23,800.

I Support ClubWRX
    since you're not changing your downpipe and only your catback exhaust, a stage 1 map + intake will be fine.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Re: Newbie w/ 4 questions HELP!!!

It seems like a good deal. Plus if you buy it and wanna get rid of those ugly black headlights for some nice new chrome ones I'm only 30mins away and I'd be willing to trade you because I'm that kinda guy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    since you're not changing your downpipe and only your catback exhaust, a stage 1 map + intake will be fine.
    Hmmm what mods should i get if im going for stage 2?

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    It seems like a good deal. Plus if you buy it and wanna get rid of those ugly black headlights for some nice new chrome ones I'm only 30mins away and I'd be willing to trade you because I'm that kinda guy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thats nice of you bro but thanks. I like black haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S3XCWRX View Post
    Hmmm what mods should i get if im going for stage 2?
    For stage 2 you need a full turbo back exhaust. Most people on here like Invidia and Perrin turbo back but if you have a good amount of money to spend the Cobb catted downpipe and your choice of CBE.

Once you change the downpipe is where you need a tune. The cobb maps also support the AEM CAI or Cobb's CAI.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Just wait for your new car... Thats pretty much the invoice price for a 2013 WRX... Just be patient man and you will have an unmolested new car.

And if you are getting a sedan this the exhaust you want... 11-ON Subaru WRX STi Sedan ARK GRiP Exhaust System

The WRX and STI use the same exhaust and downpipe dimensions and measurements.

I saw another guy on the forum had this exhaust and is happy with it. I dont know if I would spend that much on an exhaust but its up to you haha. The money you save if you bought an Invidia Q300 would allow you to get the downpipe too... Just a thought if you want to jump to Stage 2.

Have fun when you get the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    For stage 2 you need a full turbo back exhaust. Most people on here like Invidia and Perrin turbo back but if you have a good amount of money to spend the Cobb catted downpipe and your choice of CBE.

Once you change the downpipe is where you need a tune. The cobb maps also support the AEM CAI or Cobb's CAI.
    So are you saying that if i get the intake and exhaust w/ the cobb maps, i don't have to tune the car?

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Just wait for your new car... Thats pretty much the invoice price for a 2013 WRX... Just be patient man and you will have an unmolested new car.

And if you are getting a sedan this the exhaust you want... 11-ON Subaru WRX STi Sedan ARK GRiP Exhaust System

The WRX and STI use the same exhaust and downpipe dimensions and measurements.

I saw another guy on the forum had this exhaust and is happy with it. I dont know if I would spend that much on an exhaust but its up to you haha. The money you save if you bought an Invidia Q300 would allow you to get the downpipe too... Just a thought if you want to jump to Stage 2.

Have fun when you get the car!

That make sense... My dealer told me that my car is on the way here from California... Well i will call the ARK just to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by S3XCWRX View Post
    So are you saying that if i get the intake and exhaust w/ the cobb maps, i don't have to tune the car?
    correct, the intake though is really the only thing that isnt really universal on their maps. I'm running a sort ram intake instead of a cold air on a cobb map and before i tweaked the map i was having problems. The AEM intake is a really good one though so i highly suggest it.

Edit: The cobb maps are off the shelf ones for anyone with a compatible car. So that means they are a conservative map. An opensource protune would gain better results from most tuners, also you can get the car retuned at lower cost (correct me if im wrong anyone).
    Last edited by Terminal Kuz; 11-15-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.