Just joined the forum. Just want to say hi!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just joined the forum. Just want to say hi! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, I live in New York City, and I have been on this forum for a while as a ...

Hi guys,

I live in New York City, and I have been on this forum for a while as a guest. Today, I decided to register for an account because I'm thinking of getting a 2013 WRX Limited either in Satin White or World Rally Blue.

My first sport car was a G35 coupe. I modded it with intakes, exhaust, coils, Volks wheels, etc. I had it for 3 years and sold it because it was pretty much a pleasure car, and I wanted to save money.

I currently have a 2012 GTI MK6. I bought them last year in a rush because I changed my job and needed a car to go to work. It's a great car. I also had some mods into it: intakes, downpipe, coils, wheels, etc. and APR stage 2 tune. I planned to keep it for 2,3 years until the 2014 STI/WRX comes out. However, a few problems emerged recently, and that makes me want another car. The fuel pump failed 3 weeks ago. Dealer replaced it under warranty, but now, the water pumped just failed yesterday. It will be back to the dealer again.

How much do you guys pay for the WRX Limited? What are good dealerships in the Tri-state area? Also, how long did you have to wait after your order? Or should I hold on to my car for another year (since it's still under warranty) and wait for the 2014 model?

Here are some pix of my GTI and G35. Just want to share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum

Check out our Car purchasing vendor, Clayton at Ramsey Subaru. It is a short drive from NYC. Well worth it . I got one of my cars there. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ubwrx-net.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

^ Hey, thanks for the info! I'll definitely check it out!

Hey there. I, like you, have always been on the forums but never officially joined until today. I was able to get my hands on a 2012 WR Blue WRX Limited in mid August from Liberty Subaru in Emerson, NJ. They were fantastic with pricing - I got the car for less than their inventory costs, and were quite helpful with everything. If you get the chance, I'd recommend seeing what they can do for you. Speak with Ray. Let me know how your search goes! Good luck!

^ Congrats on the car! Did you order the car or bought it from the lot? I checked the actual market price on truecars.com, and the lowest price offered is from Liberty Subaru. Also, if you don't mind, can you pm me the deal you got from them?

Thanks! She's a real beauty. I picked her up right off of the lot with a whopping 34 miles on the odometer.

I called 2 local dealers today and neither have the car available for test drive.

You may have to call around before you find a dealer that'll be willing to let you take it out. However, it's been my experience that if you go to the dealer in person and show interest in the car that they'll be more inclined to let you take it for a spin.

Quote Originally Posted by SubieDoo0531 View Post
    You may have to call around before you find a dealer that'll be willing to let you take it out. However, it's been my experience that if you go to the dealer in person and show interest in the car that they'll be more inclined to let you take it for a spin.
    The 2 dealers near me told me that they don't have the car for testdrive because they don't have it in stock. The reason is these are are mostly made to orders, and they're taken off the lot as soon as they arrive. They will call me as soon as they have the car in available. Kinda sucks that there are not that many Subaru dealerships around.

I'm sorry to hear that. It takes a while to find the car you want sometimes. Ideally, if you can find the one in the trim you want (base, premium, limited) anywhere within 60 miles or so, I'd say go and take it for a test drive. At that point if you like what you see, you can have them 'order' you one. In my experience, it cost me a $100 refundable deposit to place an order for a WRX with whatever color, trim, and features I wanted. About a week later, I decided I didn't want the car anymore (it was a hatch and I came to the conclusion I liked the sedan better), and the $100 deposit was returned to me within a week. Keep that option in mind as well.

Bill Kolb Subaru usually always has some sittin around their lot, but I personally never plan on doing business with them again.

I'm sorry to hear that. It takes a while to find the car you want sometimes. Ideally, if you can find the one in the trim you want (base, premium, limited) anywhere within 60 miles or so, I'd say go and take it for a test drive. At that point if you like what you see, you can have them 'order' you one. In my experience, it cost me a $100 refundable deposit to place an order for a WRX with whatever color, trim, and features I wanted. About a week later, I decided I didn't want the car anymore (it was a hatch and I came to the conclusion I liked the sedan better), and the $100 deposit was returned to me within a week. Keep that option in mind as well.
    I thought the deposit for putting orders on the car is un-refundable?

It could've just been the Subaru dealership that I went to at the time, but if you were to go and seriously inquire about putting in an order for one, I'm sure they'd be inclined to work with you. It can't hurt to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Bill Kolb Subaru usually always has some sittin around their lot, but I personally never plan on doing business with them again.
    What happened? Maybe that's the reason why they still have them sitting on their lots

It could've just been the Subaru dealership that I went to at the time, but if you were to go and seriously inquire about putting in an order for one, I'm sure they'd be inclined to work with you. It can't hurt to ask
    Gotcha. Well, i still want to testdrive it first. I've always been a big Subaru fan, but I've never had a Subaru before so I'd like to see how they are before sitting down discuss prices and make orders.

When I bought my GTI and G35, dealerships were calling me everyday and asked me to come in for testdrive. Subaru is totally different to my surprise . It's like they don't want customers lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast