Just joined the forum. Just want to say hi! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just joined the forum. Just want to say hi! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hehe if you've never expressed an interest in them by going out and discussing prices and such, how would they ...

Just joined the forum. Just want to say hi!

Hehe if you've never expressed an interest in them by going out and discussing prices and such, how would they know to call you for a test drive? :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vREx View Post
    I thought the deposit for putting orders on the car is un-refundable?
    I was told that the order deposit is 100% refundable, and you have up until you sign the paperwork to decide whether you want the car or not. I was also told that if any dealership tells you otherwise, they are full of it. Being as how the dealership I purchased from is literally down the street from Subaru of America's headquarters, I'm inclined to think they may have known what they were talking about.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

What happened? Maybe that's the reason why they still have them sitting on their lots
    Went for an oil change, waited an hour for the oil in my car to cool down (oil flows better when warm, this was a tech taking his sweet time to ensure he wouldn't get burned, now I understand a tech taking his time so the oil isn't scolding hot but I've done 3 oil changes since this, and I drive to the autozone about 5 miles from my house, come home, wait 20 minutes and the oil is warm enough to do the oil change) This wouldn't be such a big deal because an hour wait isnt the worst thing in the world if their shop is full, but they have a glass window looking into their garage, and you can watch as tech's joke around with each other, as atleast 2 bays are left open. (I literally watched the Tech's scope out my plasti-dip job for about 5 minutes).

So hour and 45 minutes later I see my car coming down off the lift, driven out of the garage and then parked in the outside spots. I wait 20 minutes, an finally decide, my car has to be done let me see whats going on. I ask the women behind the desk, and guess what, they had lost my keys....

another 30 minutes later keys are found and I leave dealership, never to return again.

Although I have to say, they did install an engine at 6k miles covered under warrantee, but that was also not completely my fault. The person who delivered my car stated I needed to bring it in at 7.5k miles for first check-up and oil change, and sure enough at 6k it died and was dry of oil. That was partially my fault tho because I did no research and just believed what he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by SubieDoo0531 View Post
    Hehe if you've never expressed an interest in them by going out and discussing prices and such, how would they know to call you for a test drive? :P
    Well, I told them I'm interested in buying the car, and I'd like to test drive it first. You're right! Some dealers will not let you testdrive the car until you have you sit down and make sure they're not wasting time. Some dealers let you test drive it without having you sit down and discuss. That's the case with the VW dealer I bought my GTI from. The salesman let me testdrive the car as soon as I walked in. After the test drive, he even told me to think about it and call him and I make my decision. I called him a day later and told him the car, color, trim I wanted. He had it in stock. We negotiate over the phone, and I picked up the car a few days later. That's the type of purchasing experience I'd like to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I was told that the order deposit is 100% refundable, and you have up until you sign the paperwork to decide whether you want the car or not. I was also told that if any dealership tells you otherwise, they are full of it. Being as how the dealership I purchased from is literally down the street from Subaru of America's headquarters, I'm inclined to think they may have known what they were talking about.
    When we order the car and put the deposit, at that time, are the final price, the apr, trading value, etc. already negotiated and determined?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Went for an oil change, waited an hour for the oil in my car to cool down (oil flows better when warm, this was a tech taking his sweet time to ensure he wouldn't get burned, now I understand a tech taking his time so the oil isn't scolding hot but I've done 3 oil changes since this, and I drive to the autozone about 5 miles from my house, come home, wait 20 minutes and the oil is warm enough to do the oil change) This wouldn't be such a big deal because an hour wait isnt the worst thing in the world if their shop is full, but they have a glass window looking into their garage, and you can watch as tech's joke around with each other, as atleast 2 bays are left open. (I literally watched the Tech's scope out my plasti-dip job for about 5 minutes).

So hour and 45 minutes later I see my car coming down off the lift, driven out of the garage and then parked in the outside spots. I wait 20 minutes, an finally decide, my car has to be done let me see whats going on. I ask the women behind the desk, and guess what, they had lost my keys....

another 30 minutes later keys are found and I leave dealership, never to return again.

Although I have to say, they did install an engine at 6k miles covered under warrantee, but that was also not completely my fault. The person who delivered my car stated I needed to bring it in at 7.5k miles for first check-up and oil change, and sure enough at 6k it died and was dry of oil. That was partially my fault tho because I did no research and just believed what he told me.
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I hope you find trustworthy dealer, the type of dealer that you leave your car there and don't have to worry about things getting messed up.

Hey guys, I have another question regarding the 2013 WRX. If I ever get the WRX, my plan is to get some coilovers, wheels, downpipe, intake and a tune. I hope to make a little over 300whp and 300wtq with stock turbo. Is it possible to gain that power with stock turbo? IF so, what the max psi is it going to be? Also, with that power, what are the chances of anything can go wrong? Is the ringland issue something I have to worry about?

I Support ClubWRX

Hey guys, I have another question regarding the 2013 WRX. If I ever get the WRX, my plan is to get some coilovers, wheels, downpipe, intake and a tune.
    I dislike coilovers. Everyone should.

I hope to make a little over 300whp and 300wtq with stock turbo.
    Pick a mapping method and read the corresponding map notes. They'll be a best case scenario.

IF so, what the max psi is it going to be?
    Irrelevant in the final analysis, but as a point of curiosity the map will also tell you this. Maps vary so work backwards from the map, and it's notes, or ask the person mapping the car directly.

Also, with that power, what are the chances of anything can go wrong?
    Adding roughly 70 HP to the wheels? I'd say the chances are reasonable but the car is quite new so the statistics won't be reliable yet.

Consider the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I dislike coilovers. Everyone should.
    Pick a mapping method and read the corresponding map notes. They'll be a best case scenario.
    Irrelevant in the final analysis, but as a point of curiosity the map will also tell you this. Maps vary so work backwards from the map, and it's notes, or ask the person mapping the car directly.
    Adding roughly 70 HP to the wheels? I'd say the chances are reasonable but the car is quite new so the statistics won't be reliable yet.
    Consider the link in my signature.
    Thanks for the links. Looks like a good read to learn more about the car. I love coilovers because of the abilities to adjust height and dampening on some coilovers. I know they can be a headache sometimes. To each his own I guess. I've seen some WRX with the protune making around 300whp. That's my goal. However, I don't want to deal with transmission issues, engine ringland issues, stock valve unable to hold the higher psi, etc. I want a fun, reliable car as a DD. That's all.

I Support ClubWRX

I'd keep the car stock then at least until the end of warranty.

A suspension with four adjustments has at least three times more wrong adjustments than the right adjustment, assuming it offers the right adjustment at all. The more parameters left to chose the easier it is to make a cynical outlook seem reasonable. Plus coil overs are almost universally uncomfortable, generally require maintenance, and are much nicer to borrow (a whole car with them, that is) than own. Still, if you like them, have at it. I'd recommend spending more rather than less for them thigh and insisting on a TUV.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Hi,

I'm new here too. I'm looking at buying a used WRX for track day use only. Look forward to learning lots on here before I buy!

I stopped by the Subaru dealer near my house this afternoon to schedule a testdrive for this Friday. But at this point, I wonder if it's a good time to get a 2013 WRX. If I order one to my liking, it will take another 2, 3 months to get it. That's around March 2013. Sucks that I haven't heard any news about the new WRX yet, except we know that Subaru is putting a new engine in the Forester that potentially end up in the WRX. My dilemma is I rather to drive a new model. I don't know if I will like the feeling of owning my car for less than a year then it's 1 model-year old while everybody is ordering the new WRX and making the same payment.

So, should I get the WRX now or should I wait?

I faced the same problem a year ago.

I eventually decided to evaluate whether I could afford the WRX as it existed. I could, so I bought one.

No one knows what the next gen will look like. I accepted the known factor since it fit my current needs, and I had no idea if the future model would do so.

It is entirely possible that the next gen wrx/sti will be better than what I have now. If so, I am not concerned, as I already know I can afford my current car. This standpoint has only been strengthened after seeing different standpoints from owners of different previous gens.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I faced the same problem a year ago.

I eventually decided to evaluate whether I could afford the WRX as it existed. I could, so I bought one.

No one knows what the next gen will look like. I accepted the known factor since it fit my current needs, and I had no idea if the future model would do so.

It is entirely possible that the next gen wrx/sti will be better than what I have now. If so, I am not concerned, as I already know I can afford my current car. This standpoint has only been strengthened after seeing different standpoints from owners of different previous gens.
    I know what you mean. I don't need a WRX now. I've always liked the wrx hatchback and want one. I'm driving a 2012 GTI now and bought it last year. In term of affordability, it's a not problem for me. The payment, insurance and gas for the WRX will be higher, but my budget allows that. Part of me tells me to hold on to my GTI for a while and wait to see more news about the 2014 WRX. Part of me tells me otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12