questions when buying

This is a discussion on questions when buying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so I'm starting to look around for a new car and i decided on the new 2013 wrx base ...

questions when buying

ok so I'm starting to look around for a new car and i decided on the new 2013 wrx base model but most likely won't be buying till the spring time unless plans change but i have a few questions

-how are these cars in wet/snowy weather i know there awd but they are set up as a sports car
    -any common problems
    -options that would be recommended
    -fair price to pay
    -any forums anyone knows of local to nj
    -reliability
    -break in
    -aftermarket mods recommended

im 18 about to turn 19 so sportier feel the better

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyd13 View Post
    -how are these cars in wet/snowy weather i know there awd but they are set up as a sports car
    -any common problems
    -options that would be recommended
    -fair price to pay
    -any forums anyone knows of local to nj
    -reliability
    -break in
    -aftermarket mods recommended

im 18 about to turn 19 so sportier feel the better
    These cars are good in wet and with the right tires (snow tires) they handle very well in the snow
    The only issue i had was the turn signal would cut out when i was using it, the dealer fixed it and havent had an issue since
    I like the short throw and really want to get the arm rest extender
    Your area will play a large part in how much it could cost, dont really have a great answer but i would say maybe around 26k
    Not familiar with nj
    So far i have had mine for over a year with no issues at all, and i drive it A LOT
    The break in is in the manual, basically its for the first 1000 miles, dont rev it past 4k and no cruise control, once you get it read the manual and you will be fine
    I wouldnt mod til after the break in, but i enjoy stage 2 which is a downpipe exhaust and a tune, i also got an air intake which makes the turbo sound better, and an aos system is a nice one too.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ