Newbie from East Tennessee
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newbie from East Tennessee within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, all! Just picked up a new silver 2013 hatchback yesterday! It is my first experience driving a turbo...ever... why ...

Hi, all! Just picked up a new silver 2013 hatchback yesterday! It is my first experience driving a turbo...ever... why did I wait this long?!

It is the base model, which is fine with me. I don't need a lot of doodads. I am already shopping for winter wheels/tires, though, as we live up in the mountains and have already seen a bit of snow. I run Blizzaks on my Jeep and thrilled that they have some that will fit the WRX. Those things are like flypaper! I know I probably need to just get the steel rims for durability, but am tempted by the alloy ones.

Not to sound like a dopey teenager or anything, but I probably will be researching options to improve the sound system. When I was a kid, I could never have afforded a fast car with killer sound, maybe that was for the best at the time...but better late than never, right?

Meanwhile, El Hubbo and I are going to do a run on the gravel road that goes over Unaka Mountain. Wheeeeee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your new wrx. I bought a 12 in Apr. and was amazed at the performance
    of our 2.5L engine with a turbo. I too waited until I was older. And your right..
    Why did I wait this long! Maybe it was the collage tuition payments for my 2 kids.. lol
    Pics!Pics!Pics!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

I Support ClubWRX

Welcome from Chattanooga!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Welcome.where in east TN are you from? Bristol here

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    Congrats on your new wrx. I bought a 12 in Apr. and was amazed at the performance
    of our 2.5L engine with a turbo. I too waited until I was older. And your right..
    Why did I wait this long! Maybe it was the collage tuition payments for my 2 kids.. lol
    Pics!Pics!Pics!
    Thanks to all for the warm welcome! Here are a couple of pics from today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dogs and WRX.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	109484

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX on Unaka.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	109485
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1608.jpg   IMG_1618.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.