New to WRX

This is a discussion on New to WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey y'all, i recently moved to San Diego and have always wanted a WRX so i was visiting a dealer ...

New to WRX

Hey y'all, i recently moved to San Diego and have always wanted a WRX so i was visiting a dealer down here and decided to trade in my Dodge Challenger 392 for a new 2013 Wrx STI sedan. I'm having a blast driving this baby around. I have about a 100 miles until i reach 1000 miles. I'm new to WRX's so i'm not sure what some good early mods for WRX's are. Im looking to spend around 1K a little after I get past 1000 miles so it would be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction. Glad to be in this family now.
    All help is appreciated. Thanks,

Brennan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Awesome! First thing you should do is either protune or cobb access port. Downpipe is a good mod. When i bought my 06 sti(long time ago) a simple downpipe and tune netted around 45whp and almost 70wtq!

For 1k you can get a Cobb AP and intake but if you want to spend a little more you could skip the intake and go for the downpipe but it will push the 1k budget haha.

Have fun with the car!

downpipes range from 350ish to 600ish on average. i paid 550 for my cobb high flow cat down pipe and the ap would run just under $600

welcome!

Welcome!

Check out the link in my sig for a good place to start learning about modifying these cars. It will give you info on how to do things.

Personally, I think modding is a bit subjective. What do you wish were a little better in the car? For example, I would like the power delivery to be smoothed out, and I want a better shifting experience and to reduce the body roll. So I base my mod path on those things that I personally would like to be "better."
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"