Almost a WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Almost a WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Getting ready to trade for an 02 WRX STI, and from what I've been told, it has been to Cobb ...

Almost a WRX owner

Getting ready to trade for an 02 WRX STI, and from what I've been told, it has been to Cobb and tuned. Yellow, about 130k miles. The previous owner has some ricer HID headlights on it, which I will be swapping out shortly after I get it. I've been told the tranny has been rebuilt with heavier duty parts than stock, since the synchros were weak from the factory. Car pulls hard. Anything else I need to know about the 02's?

I've driven Hondas and VWs in the past, as well as had a 78 Jeep CJ5. After driving this car, I'm in love.

Looking forward to getting hooked up with other owners around Columbus.

Blake

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If its an american car its not an sti. they started in 04

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsti View Post
    If its an american car its not an sti. they started in 04
    My bad. I saw it had an STI badge on the back, and in the correct spot. It's LHD though...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pics? Link to FS ad?

Badges don't mean anything. I could put a Honda badge on my trunk but it doesn't mean it's a Honda

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Buying off a co-worker. I'm going to grab the VIN and get more details.

Almost a WRX owner

I'd make sure he has receipts for the trans build as that second gear is not known for its longevity...I do have a friend who has an 02 with 120K and no issues with the trans whatsoever and another that's gone through 3 trannies in a few years...

I would get an exact mod list and post it up here. Or a link to the CL ad as mentioned. Either way I'd be looking for extensive service records including the timing belt and water pump service that should have been done around 100K.

i have sti stickers also but its usdm not a real sti would have a ej207 not the ej 205 i have. there are a few imports out there but. i would not trust any left hand drives. an yes check the vin# should tell you everything. becarefull about that trans job

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.