I need help with my baby!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I need help with my baby! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I have a '06 Impreza WRX that has been highly modified. It had less than 15k on it ...

I need help with my baby!

Hey guys, I have a '06 Impreza WRX that has been highly modified. It had less than 15k on it when I bought it when I got back from Iraq in 2010, and have since gotten out of the Army and moved back to California. Sitting at under 35k now. Anybody who knows Ca. should start to see my problems. Massive FMI, short rammed K&N air intake w/silcone pipe, no CAT, unrestricted straight 4" pipe out the turbo, fuel pressure regulator, maped for 20psi, a leaky fricking head gasket and a turbo wastegate that I think is stuck part way open. I hit 4800-5500 and instead of boosting, I lurch and shudder. I just put the car in the shop yesterday as the clutch had started to fail. I owe less than 12grand on the car, picked it up for 30g's. Some advice please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0521.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	109446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0522.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	109447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0524.jpg 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	109448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0525.jpg 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	109449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0526.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	109450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0527.jpg 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	109451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0528.jpg 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	109452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0539.jpg 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	109453Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0540.jpg 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	109454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0545.jpg 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	109455

best advice go to a real tunning shop and have them look at it . and thank u for ur service and my freedom !
    -_- Brian -_- 2011 wrx 5 door ISM
    sti short shifter/ sti shift fog kit / cnt cat back/rally armor vr2 black silver letter
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...k-eye-mob.html
    ::StInK eYe MoB #7308

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    First off...you spent 30k on a 06 WRX TR? If you wanted to waste that much money, you should have just given it to me. Secondly, you're trying to hit boost when you have all these known problems? That's dumb. I don't know what kind of advice you are looking for...honestly it may be worth just reverting it back to stock and selling it. Get another WRX with far less problems. I'm surprised your car hasn't blown up yet.
    Last edited by Drews; 11-17-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah... I paid 24k out the door for my 06 brand new in... 06. You WAY overpaid for that thing. Also, you may not have been the one to mod it, so I can't fault you for not knowing, but I must say it's been poorly modified. Also, modifications NEVER add value to the car.

And echoing the above, it needs to go to an actual tuning shop. If you absolutely must drive it, baby it. If it can be parked until you can get in to a shop, do it.

Welcome to the forum, thank you for serving, and good luck with the car.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Don't really want to echo what everyone else has said.. but mods make the car worth less money, not more. Even if they are good quality, well thought out mods.. which those are not.

It's going to take some amount of money to make that car right again.. if you want to stick with it then you need to hunt down a reputable Subaru performance shop and ask them to help you sort it out. Personally, the first thing I would do is have a compression test performed. At this point the engine might be junk, in which case you will need to decide if you want to spend another $6000 on a money pit, or just cut your losses and look for another car that is in good condition.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.