Future Subaru Owner Here looking for tips and advice!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Future Subaru Owner Here looking for tips and advice! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, my name is Andre i'm from massachusetts, and i am looking to be a future STi owner, currently i ...

Hello, my name is Andre i'm from massachusetts, and i am looking to be a future STi owner, currently i drive a b6 audi a4, love the car but im looking for something more for more of the enthusiast, growing up in a portuguese family, i grew up watching rally, and fell in love with the Subarus... i am looking at 04-05 model STis! with a budget of 15k trying to find one under 100k miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

I don't think they're that affordable yet at least in my area.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

B6 is a great car, Any pics? I have a B5 as my back up car.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    B6 is a great car, Any pics? I have a B5 as my back up car.

Quote Originally Posted by fcp4life View Post
    Lke the euro plate. Is it 1.8?
    -NAS

MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

yeah its a 1.8 slow quattro, tiptronic, i did get a GIAC chip for it a big noticeable difference, got ASA wheels, and wrapped in 20% tint, was gonna do alot more if it wasn't a auto -________-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	264331_2117409182197_2841971_n.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	109479

Yeah the auto-tragic really sucks. I wanted to go BT and manual swap was costing me 6k+
    -NAS

Did you check Craigslist for STi's?
    -NAS

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    Did you check Craigslist for STi's?
    i did find a 2005 STi with 88k guy wanted 13500, just had no radio, no trunk floor mat and he said it needed a abs sensor

My experience with Audi is they are fun till they break. Every time my B5 S4 had a slight issue it was $500 minimal. Lol An STI might not treat you much better at times but it certainly is a lot simpler...

15K should be doable for an 05. Any reason you've rules out the 04? Same basic set-up just 5X00 instead if 5X114.3

Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
    My experience with Audi is they are fun till they break. Every time my B5 S4 had a slight issue it was $500 minimal. Lol An STI might not treat you much better at times but it certainly is a lot simpler...

15K should be doable for an 05. Any reason you've rules out the 04? Same basic set-up just 5X00 instead if 5X114.3

yeah i mean i kinda luck out having a family that does alot on their own, and especially my cousin who works on all types of cars and has his own garage with a lift really helps with fixing the audi lol, and i haven't ruled out the 04 im actually looking for a 04-05

If you can find the 04 w/ OEM Gold BBS Wheels those are worth $800-1000 depending on condition.

I'd just be looking for service records and the closest to 100K I could find. As long as the timing belts done you shouldn't have much till plugs at 120K.

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post

Nope... Does not have a quick ratio steering rack, has different door panels, weaker hubs, didn't come stock with a stereo, and a narrower stance and the rear bumper/quarter panels are different.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

^^ thanks for the info...didn't come stock with a stereo? What made the stance narrower and the hubs weaker than the 05?

I Support ClubWRX

5x100 hubs are weaker in the long run then a 5x114.3 and the offset and wheel width increased in 05. Also the center console/stereo area is different in 04 than the 05

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast