WRX Ordering - Mechanical Options

This is a discussion on WRX Ordering - Mechanical Options within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm ordering a car this weekend, and I am trying to figure out what to do about some of the ...

I Support ClubWRX

WRX Ordering - Mechanical Options

I'm ordering a car this weekend, and I am trying to figure out what to do about some of the available options. I'm definitely not a noob to performance cars, but I am curious to hear if these options make the car louder in the cabin, and if so, how much.

And do the suspension bushing upgrades make the car take bumps harder, etc., or does it just make the steering feel, and handling tighter.

And last question: If I get the short throw shifter, is it advisable to get the crossmember bushing kit, trans mount?

STI Short Throw Shifter 5MT
    STI Stiffer Shifter Bushing
    STI Trailing Link Bushing
    STI Trans Crossmember Bushing Kit
    STI Transmission Mount - 5MT

I apologize if these are noob questions .. I just don't want to short change myself and regret it later, or order these parts and regret it later!

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's just my opinion, but you are probably better off getting aftermarket upgrades for all of those items. They don't come with the price premium that Subaru puts on their stuff and the aftermarket stuff is equal, if not better quality.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I agree. I ordered my car bone stock except for fog lights and am going to go the aftermarket route. Cheaper to do that and better as far as I am concerned but just my opinion

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the info. I will go that route ... just going to get the short throw.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd take that off the list too and get a Kartboy SS with all of the shift bushings from TiC. Again, just my opinion.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I ordered a 2013 WRX with a SPT STS, and I wish I ordered the cobb STS with the bushings for 1/2 the price of the SPT. It's more adjustable and it can yield shorter shifts.

I can't speak for the other bushings.

Re: WRX Ordering - Mechanical Options

I got the subaru short shifter in my 12 wrx, not much different than my 11 wrx without. Definitely would recommend aftermarket

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    One thing you may want to add can be seen more as a comfort is the Arm rest Extension. Im not sure if you have gotten a chance to sit in the car.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX