"Hold Order Status" New WRX/STI

This is a discussion on "Hold Order Status" New WRX/STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am new to the site. I wanted some feedback/ info on the following subject I ordered a 2013 wrx ...

"Hold Order Status" New WRX/STI

I am new to the site. I wanted some feedback/ info on the following subject

I ordered a 2013 wrx in September 9. When i got my summary report printed @ dealer it said i had a hold order status. I have not received a congratulations letter like i had read others have gotten via forums. Its now november and i have contacted my dealer and he informed me had had no idea why all the wrx and sti orders r on "hold order statuses." I called SOA and they are looking into it but still had no idea or reason behind all the hold order statuses. I am also curious considering my dealer said he thinks they are not going to fill the hold orders.

Does anyone k any info on this subject. I feel alone on this issue =L

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club

I do not. Sorry you're dealing with that. Perhaps somebody else will chime in with something helpful.
    Btw please do not double post identical threads. I went ahead and deleted the other one.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

My dealer emailed me this msg.

Hello Francis,

It's almost here! Thank you for your patience...

Your WRX is showing an estimated delivery date of 11/19/12.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you again,

John Burns
    Bel Air Subaru
    (443) 823-5303

Well I ordered mine on 8/23/12 at the dealer here in jersey. My sales consultant doesn't know anything on when it will come so I took it upon myself to contact SOA. Here what I received.

Hello Joe:

The Regional Office has advised that your 2013 WRX order did not fill in the November allocation. Your order is the next order to be filled. I have a follow-up set for the 28th of November to contact the Regional Office again for your order. I will be back in touch by the end of the last week in November, the 30th.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department

The wait continues......
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I ordered on October 4th. Based on all the "hold" talk and the complete lack of updated information from my dealer and SOA, I am considering canceling my order. I was told 90 days absolute max, more likely much sooner by the dealer. All signs are pointing to a 4-6 month wait. My current car will be requiring a large amount of work before that time is up, and I don't want to be forced to waste my money on it.

What's the reason for all these "hold talk" ?? How come other ppl are getting their cars?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I wouldn't put much stock in anything in the media about the next gen wrx/sti at this point. Nobody actually knows anything, it's all conjecture.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

ruhhht rohhh.. ordered mine september 27th, didn't really expect much information as of yet. this is the first I've heard of this "hold" nonsense, so hopefully its just BS and that my car doesn't take 4-6 months to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Well I ordered mine on 8/23/12 at the dealer here in jersey. My sales consultant doesn't know anything on when it will come so I took it upon myself to contact SOA. Here what I received.

Hello Joe:

The Regional Office has advised that your 2013 WRX order did not fill in the November allocation. Your order is the next order to be filled. I have a follow-up set for the 28th of November to contact the Regional Office again for your order. I will be back in touch by the end of the last week in November, the 30th.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department

The wait continues......
    Weird. I ordered mine on 9/18 and it has a delivery date of the 28th of Nov. I wonder if options make a difference? I ordered a black base model hatch with a short throw shifter. I'm also closer to the west coast; that could make a difference.