Just got my first WRX!!!!!

This is a discussion on Just got my first WRX!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! I just got my 2002 WRX about 6 months ago and its completely stock besides a K&N air ...

Hello everyone!
    I just got my 2002 WRX about 6 months ago and its completely stock besides a K&N air filter (as far as I know). Its what I was looking for to begin with but now I have some extra cash and wouldn't mind doing a few things to it to make it more "fun" to drive.
    -I was wondering what would be some good options to look at and also, keeping in mind, I live in Montana so I would like to keep it practical for winter driving as well.
    -Is it a good idea to run snow tires during the winter or is it unnecessary?
    -And finally, what are some of your favorite rims out there???

Let me know! Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats

Winter tires aren't required. You can make A/S tires work, but winters are ideal.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rcorbett3 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I just got my 2002 WRX about 6 months ago and its completely stock besides a K&N air filter (as far as I know). Its what I was looking for to begin with but now I have some extra cash and wouldn't mind doing a few things to it to make it more "fun" to drive.
    -I was wondering what would be some good options to look at and also, keeping in mind, I live in Montana so I would like to keep it practical for winter driving as well.
    -Is it a good idea to run snow tires during the winter or is it unnecessary?
    -And finally, what are some of your favorite rims out there???

Let me know! Thanks!!
    I prefer to buy the whole wheel.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

lulz^ not sure how bad your winters there are but i run all season tires on stock rims in teh winterz so i dont mess up my dope summatyme rimz yo.

When my car gets here, I'm going to run blizzaks on the stock wheels and buy some aftermarket wheels for the summer tires. Our winters can get ****ty here in MT, and every day is different. So, in my opinion, its best to maximize traction.

I drive lowered in MI winters and only can get stuck if I really try! Lol
    Last edited by careercadaver; 11-11-2012 at 03:18 PM.