Almost a WRX owner...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Almost a WRX owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright cats, I'll keep it brief. Literally as I type this my wife is at the store and when she ...

Almost a WRX owner...

Alright cats, I'll keep it brief. Literally as I type this my wife is at the store and when she comes home I'm dropping the bomb that I'm buying a Silver 2013 WRX Hatch.

I'm new to the Subies in general since I found myself a job as the Business Manager for a local Subaru dealer about a month and a half ago. I'm borderline obsessed with the WRX's now though...I need to get my hands on one. Of course being a dealer I pay under invoice so it's stupid not to pick up a new one. I was all set to order last Friday until I discovered another dealer we trade with frequently has the EXACT car I want...and they're willing to give it to us since it's me that's asking for it. Plus, I don't think I can wait for 4 months until my order gets in!

Well, that's the garage door going up, wish me luck. I'll post pics this week if all goes well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hope you have a comfy couch man or you'll need a new wife(Clubwrx inside joke)!
    Good luck!

Good luck, and welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Ok...the "I'm buying a WRX" conversation went...well...not so well. After a mild fight, I kicked my wife out of my gameroom. She walks down an hour later, laptop in hand, showing me some used ones she found. At this point we're at a half-way point hahaha. I was trying to explain with me buying under invoice and how solid the cars hold their value, it make no sense not to spend another 5-6k for a brand new 2013. Not to mention the better bank rate too.

Anyways, the dangerous thing is that I'm ready to go...checked over my credit, looks like a top tier rate. The wife flies out to Miami for a conference on Thursday and won't be back until Sunday...hmmm...

Yeah a lot of the used ones are going for as much as new base models which is ridiculous!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I went through the same thing with my wife. Its an odd concept that buying a used WRX is not worth the money cause they are overpriced.

A little education for the wife will go a long way. Thats what I had to do and explain to her the interest rates and all that good stuff.

Hope it all works out!

You'd think she'd 'get it' considering she's the General Manager for a large car dealership and I'm a Finance Manager...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Yeah, unless you're buying a used WRX from a private party, I wouldn't consider a used WRX at the moment. The used or "pre-owned" dealer cars are just too close to the going rate on new cars, especially in my area.

What trim level are you looking at? Maybe you could strike a compromise there?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Problem is, with being a dealer...I know it's a 3 month wait on an order if you're LUCKY. I don't wanna wait on a base model order for 4-5 months, dealer trading is out of the question since no one wants to give them up. I'm just ridiculously fortunate that the out-of-state dealer that just happens to be good friends with my General Manager is willing to give us this particular car (13 silver premium hatch with SPT exhaust).

Well I have the deal worked up, looks like quite the comfortable payment for me...I'm either getting the wife's approval, or she's coming home Sunday to an un-approved vehicle in the driveway.

I would have bought one today, but the dealer had WRX and STIs marked up $3-5K, so I will be going elsewhere, as 2 other dealers told me they do not mark up MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
    I would have bought one today, but the dealer had WRX and STIs marked up $3-5K, so I will be going elsewhere, as 2 other dealers told me they do not mark up MSRP.
    Marking up over MSRP? Yikes, we don't even do that on BRZ's!

Yep, Casey Subaru Newport News...they have all their WRX and STI's marked up $3K to just over $5K.
    No wonder the same 3 cars are still on the lot since the last time I was there about 3 months ago.
    LOL
    I called the other dealerships East and West of me and none of them pull that crap.

We do sell WRX's at msrp, and they're gone as soon as they hit the lot. Last month a wrb base model sedan hit the lot, gone in less than 24 hours.

Well tonight is my final push to get the wife's approval. Do or die!

I think I like the Sedan better than the hatchback too...less of a kid racer look.

I'm going with the hatch for utility purposes. Trust me, went back and forth...back then forth again between the two. I'm driving an Outback right now as a dealership demo and use the rear space all the time, 2 kids playing sports will do that with all the equipment! I just keep thinking the hatch will be better for me in the long run since this will be my main DD. My other vehicle is a new lifted Ram with ridiculous mud tires, light bar, all the hillbilly accessories. Now that I've driving something that gets more than 9 miles to the gallon (literally) this will be the 'everything' vehicle so the hatch will come in handy.

Although there's a newer silver sedan sitting down the road I eye up all the time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.