Almost a WRX owner... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Almost a WRX owner... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Must be nice having two fun vehicles! And your wife probably isnt too bad if she already let you have ...

Must be nice having two fun vehicles! And your wife probably isnt too bad if she already let you have a truck like that... I cant even convince mine to let me have one!

Anyway good luck and if she doesnt let you get the WRX... then get a new wife....

Just kidding about the wife thing. Do you need the truck for anything really? Cause thats a lot of money and terrible mpg. You could easily get the car if you didnt have the truck if I had to guess.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a pretty good wife, she even rides her own sport bike. Heck, I bought her guns for her birthday and valentines day, she was very happy. All that and she's very hot for a woman in her late thirties...what she's doing with me I still can't figure it out hahaha!

Well I've been emailing her back and forth the last few hours...she appears to be in a good mood...and I have concrete deal numbers...*fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Do you need the truck for anything really? Cause thats a lot of money and terrible mpg. You could easily get the car if you didnt have the truck if I had to guess.
    I actually use the truck quite a bit, always seem to be towing or hauling something. Being a motorcycle enthusiast and going on a couple trips every year I tow an enclosed trailer too, the big fella just comes in too handy. Plus I have a LOT of aftermarket upgrades done, I'll never get my money back out of it. It'll be a vehicle I just keep driving till the wheels fall off.

It's fun to have a mini-monster truck...not as fun as a WRX though

Well the update is as follows...tense email discussion with the wife last evening (we both work at dealerships and are here till after 9). She says "Do it on your own then" (forgetting that my poor credit when she met me 8 years ago is now fantastic credit ) I reply "Not a problem" ... she then hits semi-panic mode. I follow up with a well written paragraph of why I want it, how easily it fits the budget, the under-invoice price plus the phenomenal value retention...we then end the email discussion. I get home last night, she rolls in at 11pm...I make no mention of anything. Right before we go to bed she says "Well I guess you need to clean up your Suzuki (my sportbike) because that needs to go before you buy the car" SUCCESS!!! She doesn't know I worked my bike in as a trade and we already have buy numbers from other dealers on it hahaha!

Made the call this morning, driver is going to pick the car up today and bring it in. Wife doesn't know THAT just yet...tee hee hee...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newWRX1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	109397

Success!! Nice color and model choice by the way...!
    Ray
    2013 WRX Limited ISM
    2003 WRX Wagon (sold)
    2013 BMW X5 Diesel

Thanks hahaha. Wife and I are still battling it out though...apparently I'm buying a new upstairs bathroom now! Totally worth it though...

Hahaha whatever... Ill get a bathroom for my wife for a car. Congrats bud! Is it officially your or is that a picture of what you want lol?

Makes me realize just how man Silver ones I haven't seen of the 3rd Gens. It looks really good though!

Congrats!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Hahaha whatever... Ill get a bathroom for my wife for a car. Congrats bud! Is it officially your or is that a picture of what you want lol?
    That's the actual car my man, my driver just got back with it before I took that pic. My detailers are getting it cleaned up as I type this! Although I'm not doing the paperwork just yet (even though I have the deal approved through Subaru already) I'm throwing my dealer plate on it and driving it tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my wife to fall in love with it too...her choices are like it and be ok, or not like it and deal with it. Not to be harsh, but the exact car I want ends up in my lap and totally in my budget...AND I work for a Subaru dealer = no brainer!

Good for you man!

I am glad it worked out for you.

After 25 years of marriage, here is how I overcame the wife factor regarding cars.

1) I always make sure her car is better and more expensive than mine.

2) I turned her into a "Sports Car Girl" by honestly stating I feel that the Brakes, Handling, and Performance are the 3 most important safety aspects of a car...thus, Sport Models get stiffer suspension and thus better handling, bigger brakes for better stopping, bigger wheels and tires for better handling, and power so that you can get out of bad situations quickly, also AWD for bad weather driving.

Thus, her last car was a AWD Volvo S60R and now a Acura TL SH-AWD.

3) When you are ready to buy a car, tell her you want her to go with you to look and test drive the car because you want her opinion.

4) Only buy a car when you need one.

BTW, thats the same WRX I test drove, i.e. a Silver 5 Door WRX, and it had a Catback exhaust that sounded soooooo good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.