I'm an idiot....but not really
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I'm an idiot....but not really within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Humor time...sort of. As a 37 year old guy I know I shouldn't be speeding in a city, obvious. But ...

I'm an idiot....but not really

Humor time...sort of. As a 37 year old guy I know I shouldn't be speeding in a city, obvious. But when you get your Cobb Accessport and go out for your first drive what do you do? Beat on your car. Bad part, there's a cop coming the opposite direction! Roughly 60 in a 35.....slowed down a bit but eventually he made the U-turn to nab me.....so I grabbed a gear, hung a right and a left.....and low and behold parked int he Police parking lot! lol. Best place to hide apparently, as I was parking I saw him hit the brakes for where I turned then mashed the gas and kept going to look for me, I was in plain sight too. Funny to watch. So thankfully the Library was right next door, I now have a library card and checked out "Total Chaos":The art and aesthetics of Hip Hop. I'd like to thank my 2012 Subaru for it's wonderful power and handling for helping me out of this situation, and I'd like to curse it for getting me into that situation! ha haClick image for larger version. 

Name:	racing.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	109330
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

........you should not be running from the police.

But no one wants to get busted for speeding espically almost 30 over. Its quite gratifying to come out on the "winning" side, but hard to explain if you get caught. and wiht speed and handling on your side its hard not to make 'em work for it. Just dont make a habbit of it.
    All in all...... congrats
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee09 View Post
    ........you should not be running from the police.

But no one wants to get busted for speeding espically almost 30 over. Its quite gratifying to come out on the "winning" side, but hard to explain if you get caught. and wiht speed and handling on your side its hard not to make 'em work for it. Just dont make a habbit of it.
    All in all...... congrats
    I don't make a habit of it of course, haven't had a moving violation in almost 5 years. It was literally 5 minutes after I installed the Accessport! Dammit. I bet he was cursing his V6 dodge Charger at that point though.....ha ha. I was a Chrysler tech for 14 years, I know what they can't do and that's keep up with or handle anything like a WRX.
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum.

I belive it. Im saving up for an AP now. So its noticeable gains lol. Ive gotten use to it now doesnt feel quick. Other cars just feel slow..........time for an uograde lol
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like you got pretty lucky lol
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Nicely done. If you were a punk kid I'd give you an old man lecture, but since you're an old man like me, all I can say is well done!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't have posted that here...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

my question is what would you have said if the cop did catch you in the parking lot? congrats on making it out of there though

Pulling in that lot was a class move my friend hahaha! Hiding in plain sight, that's a smart move.

I'm frightened...I'm 35 and taking my '13 WRX home tonight, first drive off the lot. I can totally see doubling some speed limits, unintentionally of course.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Nicely done. If you were a punk kid I'd give you an old man lecture, but since you're an old man like me, all I can say is well done!
    hahaha.. ^ what he said!

Wado you just got road head from lady luck. I'd not attempt that again but hey, good on ya for actually ditching a cop. Very rare occurrence these days lol.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I ran once (15 years ago, or so) when I saw a LEO pull out from a speed trap when I was heading to work. I zipped up a long wooded driveway and shut down. Saw him go by. I gave it some time and headed out. Of course, about 10 minutes later he passed me on another road and swung around for me. I pulled over as soon as he swung around. That probably saved me from a bigger ticket, but I did get an angry lecture and a speeding ticket. Could've been worse.

I used to work in a gas station (high school job) and the local cops loved to tell us stories about the guys who would run. When they got caught they often got beaten (if the stories were to be believed - it was the 80s and it sounded likely), but the cops would skip the ticket so they could avoid any accusations of brutality. It's a dangerous game ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

You got lucky.

twice if have gotten off with warnings for things like this

once i was doing 90 in a 45 testing a new tuner on my truck. Apologized to the cop and told him i came to where i was due to it being so empty. he told me to go to the other side of town if i wanted to race. lol

2nd time was a few months back i was racing a truck down teh street. They also let me off with a warning. I do not say i condone racing, considering i do it, but if you do get busted, accept that you screwed up, be polite to the cop, and pray you get let off easy.
    Jason
    Alligator Performance
    2004 WRX. No Kittys, Cobb AP
    2006 LBZ Duramax. 644hp

meep.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    How was the book? I can only imagine that learning hip hop from a book would be like learning to swim over the internet.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud556 View Post
    but if you do get busted, accept that you screwed up, be polite to the cop, and pray you get let off easy.
    Totally the best method. I have 2 brothers that are cops and they tell me stories all the time...a lot end with "...then the guy said he knows he was *insert offense here* and apologized, nice guy so I just gave him a warning." the other stories end with "...so he wanted to be a smartass and I wrote him up for everything I could possibly think of. I hope he fights it, I'll embarrass him in the courtroom." hahaha

Not all cops are jerks, a lot are...but not ALL.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.