New from Upstate NY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New from Upstate NY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm planning on buying a '13 WRX DWN or DWO depending on the deal I can work out. I went ...

New from Upstate NY

I'm planning on buying a '13 WRX DWN or DWO depending on the deal I can work out. I went to a local dealer and all they had was a beat up '10 wrx limited sedan that they took in on a trade for me to test drive. It was full of pet hair and needed to be cleaned up but was still and awesome ride. Last year after I sold my '06 Honda Civic Si coupe I was in the market for a WRX but the sales rep I met at Goldstein Subaru in Albany Ny was such a d-bag that I went back to Honda and bought a AWD CRV. Gave that to my wife when she traded her RAV4 for my current '09 Honda Accord EXL V6. So I'm back in the market for my WRX I've wanted for the last 8 years
    I recently took a trip out to Steve Lewis Subaru in MA to drive one of the WRXs in their fleet on their lot. I had a great time and Larry Flake was a cool guy but their pricing absolutely sucked. I felt like they were trying to get me to pay Premium model pricing for a basic standard model WRX. When I was off from work a few days later I decided to email 12-14 other dealers in the tri-state and New England areas to see what pricing I'd get back. I also stumbled upon this forum where I discovered Claytons "the new car buying program for clubwrx members" aka Rexxx0486. I PM'd him to see what this deal is all about while I organize all the other dealer offers that've been emailed to me.
    Anyone that has advice or suggestions or that has personally bought/leased from Ramsey Subaru in NJ feel free to PM me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NJ tends to have a good selection. I got my 09 from prestige BMW in ramsey. Thats a good area for people to upgrade from wrx to something like a bmw and usually have taken good care of them......keep checking autotrader in the north Jersey area im sure stuff will pop up.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Goldstein sucks. Everything about them sucks.

The other dealership in the area you went to...was it Capitaland or Carbone?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

It was carbone I went to

It looks like I might be going for rd. 2 with Steve Lewis in MA though since they're actually participating in Subaru's special financing programs

I Support ClubWRX
    Consider Capitaland in Glenville. The parts manager hooks us locals up, and there are some good sales people. Ask to talk to Jon (newer salesman, he'll take good care of you)...

UNYSOC

I emailed John to see if he could send me a couple quotes and mention he came highly recommended from this forum.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NicJitsu
    I emailed John to see if he could send me a couple quotes and mention he came highly recommended from this forum.
    Don't think he's a member here. He is a member on UNYSOC (link in my signature), though...

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.