How are the seats? Specifically on a long trip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How are the seats? Specifically on a long trip. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'd like to know how the seats are on road trips. I've had some cars that had great seats and ...

I'd like to know how the seats are on road trips. I've had some cars that had great seats and some that were just god awful and didn't provide any support whatsoever. How do the seats in the WRXs feel on a long trip?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: How are the seats? Specifically on a long trip.

I drive a GD chassis WRX(02-07). Longest family trip we took was 2 hours each way.
    As driver, it was fine very comfortable. Sister was passenger, didn't complain about the seat. Mom was in the back, though cramped the seats are plush and supportive, they both fall asleep on long stretches.

Basically, no one complained about the seats. They did complain about my driving and the harsh suspension.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I'd like to know how the seats are on road trips. I've had some cars that had great seats and some that were just god awful and didn't provide any support whatsoever. How do the seats in the WRXs feel on a long trip?
    What year? I ask because that matters a great deal. Subaru changed their seat design quite significantly from year to year and trim level. The seats in my bugeye are have very high bolsters and fit like gloves. I've never been uncomfortable, and I've driven the car on 12 hour trips. The 02-07 WRX/STI is a small car (a Honda Civic is longer), so rear seat room is a bit tight, but I've had 4 180+lbs guys in my car for a 3 hour trip, and they didn't complain.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    2013 here, Three Days after I got it, went with friends to Orlando from Miami about 4 hour drive.

Driver Seat not as comfortable as my G35 seats but they are decent. Friends said it was comfy as well but no place to really sleep on.

It was funny watching my friends endlessly try different positions to sleep in lol
    2013 WRB WRX Hatchback
    GTWORX Cup Kit w/RCE Yellows/RCE Swaybars/Kartboy Endlinks/Muffler Delete/Shorty Antenna/

I've done several 7-8 hour drives since getting my 2012, and I have had no complaint with the seats. My passengers haven't said anything, and personally I found them to be just fine. Of course after 8 hours in the car there is some pain/stiffness/etc, but that has more to do with my body than the seats. I had less of all that with the WRX than my previous car or my fiancee's car, that's for sure (Acura RSX-S and a Mazda3).
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I have a 2011 and yea the seats are good, but not great for long distances. They are definitely a compromise between semi-sporty, and comfortable. I think they're perfectly fine and have taken many many 4-6 hour trips with them though. I will say that after that long I don't think it matters, that's just too long to be sitting and driving. Take a break every now and then. It's better to take an extra 15-30 minutes and have a pleasant trip, than be uncomfortable the entire way...

My 2005 STI seats suck...mostly cause they are just worn down from 118k miles worth of driving. My driver seat has lost a lot of the bolster and doesn't have much lumbar support. I want new ones.

But Bugeye seats are incredibly comfortable. 3rd Gen seats also seem to have pretty nice bolster.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I didnt have much of an issue with my 09 on my trip from north jersey to memphis.......my dog didnt have much so say......she was my only passenger on the adventure
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    My 2002 with nearly 120K on the clock still has incredibly good seats for both long trips and spirited driving. I've yet to sit in a seat that betters what the bugeye brings.

Having said that, I'm one hundred fifty-nothing pounds. It may not be so good for bigger dudes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    My 2002 with nearly 120K on the clock still has incredibly good seats for both long trips and spirited driving. I've yet to sit in a seat that betters what the bugeye brings.
    Agreed.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    As long as you don't buy an 06-07 WRX TR you should be fine.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    As long as you don't buy an 06-07 WRX TR you should be fine.
    Jesus. +80 gazillionjillionbillion

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Re: How are the seats? Specifically on a long trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    But Bugeye seats are incredibly comfortable.
    Half the reason that I don't want to get rid of my bugeye...

Quote Originally Posted by john3dpeople View Post
    Half the reason that I don't want to get rid of my bugeye...
    I hear a lot of people say that!

And to touch on what Ray said about being 150lbs...I'm 230lbs and also fit quite comfortably in them.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    The seats (2009) have been plenty comfy for me. I've driven between Cleveland and California multiple times in them without any problems.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast