Old dude, new car.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Old dude, new car.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like being old, most of the young folks want weekends off and to work days. This let's me be ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I like being old, most of the young folks want weekends off and to work days. This let's me be off during the middle of the week and work mids or third shift. I love to get up early to watch the sunset.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Old in my case is 52... That seems old here but not on the Cadillac forum.
    Have not taken a pic of it yet but I will get to it and post up.
    I plan to drive it a year or two and make it avail to my son, he REALLY wants it.
    In TX you can take an online def. driving class one time a year to get one traffic
    citation dismissed. That is if the ticket is in a regular zone (not a work zone or school zone)
    and under 95 mph.
    I really like this car dispite the somewhat rgh and noisy ride, it just puts a smile on my face.
    Looking forward to getting it broken in.
    I mention Cadillac forum above because when my son transits to this car I want to get
    a gently used CTS V Wagon with a six spd manual. Maybe new, just depends on the economy
    in a year or two.
    He has big plans for the Subie, I will probably leave it stock and enjoy the warranty staying in effect.
    Thanks for all the welcome posts, seems like a great community here.
    I am also an avid motorcycle rider and spend a bit time on a Harley forum and a Concours forum
    as bikes have been a passion of mine since childhood.
    Have ridden all the lower 48 (a number of times) and made memories that will last forever.
    Thanks again all, its good to be here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1goindiesel View Post
    Old in my case is 52...
    Joe and I have 6/7 years on you. There are other old farts about. I have a 15 year old kid, and her friends say I'm the coolest of all their Dads, who are mostly in their mid-30s or so. I still think I act like I'm an immature kid. I've said before I watched Mary Martin as Peter Pan too many times as a kid, and took the "I'm never growing up!" part seriously! We retired two years ago, and having a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by 1goindiesel View Post
    I mention Cadillac forum above because when my son transits to this car I want to get
    a gently used CTS V Wagon with a six spd manual. Maybe new, just depends on the economy
    in a year or two.
    Oh, I like this guy! There are a lot of us here that are wagon fans. I've got two now.

So, what's the going diesel part?

Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123