sti or base - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on sti or base within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you have the money go for an sti. but youll be happy in both...

if you have the money go for an sti. but youll be happy in both

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    There is only a 10$$ difference in insurance cost between the wrx and sti (95 vs. 105). Which is not bad. I remember replacing brakes on my friends 350z. brembo pads cost over 150$ as far as pads go oem is the way to go. They seem to last longer. I replaced my front pads in 2008 and rear in 2010. Front pads I got from honda and the rear I got thermal quiets. Yesterday I had to replace the rears and the front still had lots of life left. I compared the material oem and aftermarket (oreillyís). Oemís quality seams a lot better.

Back to decision making. Iím starting to lean towards a base wrx. i think sway bars and end links, short shifter, and axel back would hold me down for a bit.
    False.

You can find pads for as cheap as $35 for the fronts (Centric Posiquiets from Rallysport direct), which is what I use and they are awesome. But commonly used ones are Ferrodo or Hawk HPSs which will be more expensive considering they are much better quality. OEMs from Subaru squeal too much and also don't provide as good of bite as most of the aftermarket pads out there. Pad life will depend mostly on how you drive and what material the pads are made of.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    False.

You can find pads for as cheap as $35 for the fronts (Centric Posiquiets from Rallysport direct), which is what I use and they are awesome. But commonly used ones are Ferrodo or Hawk HPSs which will be more expensive considering they are much better quality. OEMs from Subaru squeal too much and also don't provide as good of bite as most of the aftermarket pads out there. Pad life will depend mostly on how you drive and what material the pads are made of.

alittle research will save you lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    alittle research will save you lots of money.
    And it has
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12