New WRX owner questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX owner questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, just recently purchased a WRX in WRB and had a few questions. I come from the diesel performance ...

New WRX owner questions

Hello all, just recently purchased a WRX in WRB and had a few questions. I come from the diesel performance world so I'm not totally lost under the hood and am familiar with the modding process. Might I say the prices for Subaru mods made modding a diesel look cheap! Oh well.... could no longer stand the thought of half the money I make going to the oil companies so I could drive my truck around so I sold it and purchased a stock 2002 WRB WRX!

I posted some pictures under the hood, so if anyone could tell me if they see any thing suspicious, as in places where mods may have been, please let me know! I believe that the car was modded and put back to stock but I think that it was a light Stage 2, nothing serious.

My concern is with the stock boost gauge....when I'm driving its almost ALWAYS in vacuum, which I know isn't possible....The most boost I hit if I really get on it is below 5 psi. When looking under the hood I saw a rubber line coming off what I believe to be the BPV that was frayed at the end and had no clamp....I thought maybe this was the issue with the boost gauge so I added a worm gear clamp, but the boost was unchanged.

I couldn't fit all the pictures in the original post so I'll have to reply with the picture of this hose.

BTW...car has 120k, and just got it back from the body shop and the exterior is looking flawless! I'll have to get some new pics after a wax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0487.jpg   IMG_0488.jpg   IMG_0489.jpg  
    Last edited by dse37; 10-29-2012 at 06:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here is the hose I was talking about
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0492.jpg  

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. a major sign that the car was modded & put back to stock [especially stage 2] is the heat shield being modified/removed/cut/etc. in this case, yours looks completely untouched. the only modifications i see are appearance related [front bumper/grill]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks for the reply! Yea I wasn't too crazy about the "body kit" but the exterior was in excellent shape compared to other WRX's from 02-05 I found anywhere near my price range so I decided to suck it up...makes it different/stand out from others I've seen though so maybe not all negative.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.