TMIC Leak

This is a discussion on TMIC Leak within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering if a TMIC leak is harmful to your car, I can hear the leak or alot of air ...

TMIC Leak

Just wondering if a TMIC leak is harmful to your car, I can hear the leak or alot of air being pushed in while boosting, then when I come off the gas I get loud backfires.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Any leak is harmful.. loose coupler underneath?

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Any leak is harmful.. loose coupler underneath?
    Im thinking thats what it is, i dont really have the time to take it apart, maybe if I dont boost I shyould be fine right?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

If it's a big leak it could throw a lot of stuff off even if you aren't boosting.

Uhh you have a 2013, take the car to Subaru. My guess is you blew off either the intercooler to throttlebody hose or the bypass valve to intake manifold hose.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

i had the hose from the tmic to throttle body come off on mine. made the car run really bad. i couldn't boost at all.

it takes less than 15 minutes to take the tmic off and inspect and then put back.

Well I know where the leak is from, its from the hose that runs from the TMIC to the throttle body, inspecting the hose it shows no damage, it just slipped off.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    i had the hose from the tmic to throttle body come off on mine. made the car run really bad. i couldn't boost at all.

it takes less than 15 minutes to take the tmic off and inspect and then put back.
    My leak was so bad when i tried to boost to diagnose it completely denied my in 3rd at about 45k, almost like it hit a fuel cut.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    My leak was so bad when i tried to boost to diagnose it completely denied my in 3rd at about 45k, almost like it hit a fuel cut.

Yeah.. that could definitely do some damage to your engine. If you want to make sure it sticks good, spray the coupler with a little hair spray before popping it on.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yeah.. that could definitely do some damage to your engine. If you want to make sure it sticks good, spray the coupler with a little hair spray before popping it on.
    Fixed it! Couldnt get the hose on but a little canola oil (not too much) just to slip it on and good as new, boosts like a champ, and also fixed my backfire.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ