Quick question before i place my order for a 2013 base 5-door tomorrow

This is a discussion on Quick question before i place my order for a 2013 base 5-door tomorrow within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been trolling around and reading pretty much anything I could find over the past couple of months before finally just ...

Quick question before i place my order for a 2013 base 5-door tomorrow

Been trolling around and reading pretty much anything I could find over the past couple of months before finally just deciding I was guna pull the trigger tomorrow and order the damn thing already. I've wanted one of these cars since I saw one on the cover of some magazine in the 7th grade, and now that I'm finally gainfully employed I figured its about time. Hoping it'll be in as a nice Christmas present to myself

with that being said, I was wondering what your thoughts were about the SPT short throw shifter vs. an aftermarket one (say the kartboy)? The only time I've ever driven a car with a sts was during a test drive, so I have no real reference to compare it to or even what it's suppose to feel like.

Anyone that has installed them, are they relatively easy to install?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    buy the kartboy kit with all bushings and mounts. much better feel

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ok that's what i had been leaning towards. just thought i'd get some opinions before i decided not to get the spt.

I Support ClubWRX
    the SPT is fine, but your going to want all the bushings and gonna have to do the work anyway, might as well just buy the better unit with bushings to begin with

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Check around, one local dealer (South Florida) has 14 WRX's and 2 STi's in stock and another has 4 WRX's, 2 STI's and 2 BRZ's. I would guess other dealers have inventory at this point.