A few quick questions before I buy...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A few quick questions before I buy... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm in the market for a WRX wagon. Found one at a dealer, 03, good body, drove/shifted fine when ...

So I'm in the market for a WRX wagon. Found one at a dealer, 03, good body, drove/shifted fine when I test drove it. There were a couple things that led me to slight concern after further examination. I am not new to cars, most of my experience comes from my previously owned s14 sr (hope not to offend the great community of subi owners by that) but I am new to Subaru.

1st and foremost) The car has basically 130k miles on it. How detrimental is that high milage on the WRX? Any parts known to fail around this mileage?

2) The dealer claimed the car was bone stock, just the way it was from the factory. I instantly noticed a cobb exhaust. From what I could tell, it was 3in all the way to at least the down pipe. It also has what appear to be 17in OZ rims, classy if you ask me. These generally aren't mods that one does for the fuel efficiency which leads me to believe that the person before me was probably hard on it. Once again, assuming that the car wasn't babied, what should I look out for before I buy it, some signs that a nissan guy wouldn't notice but y'all might?

3) Price. Dealer is asking $10,900 and admitted the price to be negotiable. I thought I would ask for $8,500 and hopefully settle around $9,500? I know its difficult to give advice on price with the minimal knowledge given, I'll post a link to cars.com, where I found it. But my god please don't go buy this out from under me. I've been looking for months. These cars are not very popular in Baton Rouge.

Car: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, $10,980 - Cars.com

Anyway, thanks for the help if you're able to. I'm excited to see what all this four wheel drive hype is about and these horizontally opposed motors that I've been hearing of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have someone check out the car if it was once modded and returned to stock then you don't want it. Well worth ths $100 to have a person check out car
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.