No WRX in the near future. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on No WRX in the near future. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have to respectfully disagree as the s2k has a higher power to weight ratio, rear wheel drive, and a ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I have to respectfully disagree as the s2k has a higher power to weight ratio, rear wheel drive, and a lower safety rating, not to mention the temptation of keeping the car in Vtec which makes you want to drive it harder/faster, ie its a hard car to drive slow imo. I think a used WRX is a better beginner car than that example. I do agree with everything else you mentioned though, the fwd honda's are great beginner cars, I had a 200 whp eg6 and it was a blast!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get a BRZ!!!
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

alright, i was just at a subaru dealer, and have settled with a 2009 impreza sport! thoughts? i will probably be picking it up real soon!

Heres a picture of the car
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-subaru-impreza-sport-i01.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	109036

i will add mud flaps and probably change the wheels, but the body is simular to the wrx which i like!
    Last edited by DSfriscoe; 10-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Hope to one day be the owner of a WRX!

Re: No WRX in the near future.

Congrats I'd you get it ;-)

If I am not mistaken.... this is the exact same style as the wrx minus the hood.

Great since you want to end up getting a WRX so you can learn the car and read up on Suby forums, if it were me I'd even maybe get an older cheaper Impreza to learn with and 5 spd is a must. Good luck and hope you enjoy. Don't forget to post pics of your new ride

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I hate Subarus and would never suggest to anyone that they buy one.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

thanks guys, the only thing i dont like is the two tone paint. Im still looking at other cars, so you can suggest other cars still!

Quote Originally Posted by DSfriscoe View Post
    alright, i was just at a subaru dealer, and have settled with a 2009 impreza sport! thoughts? ..
    I think that's a GREAT choice for you. You've got all-wheel-drive, Subaru's handling, safety and reliability, and a good-looking car to boot.
    Well done!

Chris

haha alright thanks. Im still wondering if i want that or a 2005-2006 wagon. Both are great, but i like the looks of the 2005 wagon better

Just get the wrx mate, i was in ur same shoes but i havent regretted buying this car one bit. The power part of it, yes it is overwhelmingly sensational but you get over it man. And to be honest, ur better off buying a wrx now then later becoz ull be settling down later for a family etc. then u may not even be able to enjoy a wrx due to circumstances. Just go on third party insurance and get a decent wrx. As long as ur careful with driving u wont have to worry about a thing, if ur a hooner then i sugget learning how to drive properly again before even gettin a car in general.

Quote Originally Posted by JayG View Post
    And to be honest, ur better off buying a wrx now then later becoz ull be settling down later for a family etc. then u may not even be able to enjoy a wrx due to circumstances. Just go on third party insurance and get a decent wrx.
    LOL. I just got my most recent WRX, this time in a hatch. I have a wife and young children. I also run an IT firm so the WRX is the official server deployment vehicle... If I were you I would get a wagon/hatch regardless due to the all around versatility.

Also, I'd recommend against the fly by night insurance companies too. Your driving ability will rarely be the issue. Usually its some genius hitting you, not the other way around.
    Last edited by himuraken; 10-20-2012 at 07:31 PM.

hey guys, the car is actually a subaru impreza outback sport
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ft_three_qtr_1_opt.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	109041
    notice the two-tone paint. Thoughts on the paint? Im not sure im in love with it.

To, himuraken. U r exactly ryt. I did clearly say "may", im glad u can enjoy a wrx with a family not everyone has ur luxury. Towards the insurance, some genius hitting you is also correct, but a third party covers that cost too (mine does anyway). So if we're viewing it from this stand point the only bonus we receive from comprehensive is if we cause the accident, which will to relate to what i said earlier by not hooning. That way ur only paying minimal amounts for the same cover (if someone hits u), hence its more beneficial for his circumstances. The plus side of this is, if u do build up a third party insurance rapport with a company you will be rewarded! Making ur future comprehensive insurance leas exensive do to a loyalty and accident-free membership.

Quote Originally Posted by DSfriscoe View Post
    notice the two-tone paint. Thoughts on the paint? Im not sure im in love with it.
    I can't stand that two tone sage green nonsense... ;-)

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i actually dont mind the 2 tone. here's one with wheels/drop:

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast