CNT Downpipe to Cat-Back Adapter (Question?)

This is a discussion on CNT Downpipe to Cat-Back Adapter (Question?) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I ordered a CNT catted dp along with the adapter (I have an SPT exhaust), and in the description ...

CNT Downpipe to Cat-Back Adapter (Question?)

So I ordered a CNT catted dp along with the adapter (I have an SPT exhaust), and in the description it says....

"This adapter will allow you connect a 3" downpipe to your factory midpipe without any leaks. This part only includes the flange. It is designed to be used with your factory donut gasket, a flat 3" gasket and longer bolts."

My question is, what size bolts to I need to hook this up? I can't really take anything apart as I'm getting this installed an hour away from my house (where there's a lift) so I need to have all hardware ready to go. I already purchasd some turbo to dp bolts (in case mine get damaged). Let me know if you can help! Excited to go stage 2 soon!
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The SPT exhaust is already a 3in exhaust. Methinks you won't need that adapter considering you'll be mating a 3inch flange to a 3inch flange.

Just get bolts that are long enough from any hardware store...not that big of a deal really.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The SPT exhaust is already a 3in exhaust. Methinks you won't need that adapter considering you'll be mating a 3inch flange to a 3inch flange.

Just get bolts that are long enough from any hardware store...not that big of a deal really.
    Everything I have says it's 3" axel back but 2.5 from dp to axel. It's a 2010, not sure if anything changed from 10/11/12. So I guess I'm just going to grab a bunch of random bolts and use whatever works, I have no way of getting under the car to see what I need so I'll just have to give it a good guess and go from there
    "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious sh*t."

'10 WRX DGM Sedan: CNT Catted DP, SPT Exhaust, Perrin STS adapter/bushings, TP Stage 2

You don't have a stock jack in the trunk?

Yeah it does look like it tapers to 2.5in to mate to the stock DP. I'd sooner have that part chopped off at a shop and a 3in flange welded on to get rid of that minor restriction.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    You don't have a stock jack in the trunk?

Yeah it does look like it tapers to 2.5in to mate to the stock DP. I'd sooner have that part chopped off at a shop and a 3in flange welded on to get rid of that minor restriction.
    I suppose I could jack it up with that, just lazy I suppose. I heard you don't gain much more with a full 3" vs. stock unless you are doing some serious mods, I'm sticking at stage 2 for now so maybe in the future I'd consider going 3" all the way back. I like the sound of the SPT and don't really want it much louder, not sure if making it 3" all the way back really makes that much of sound difference

That little couple inch section where it tapers won't really make a difference at all in gains or sound. The rest of the exhaust will already be a 3inch once you put the downpipe on.

The power alone comes from the Downpipe as well...CBE doesn't do anything but change noise.