New Oz bugeye member

This is a discussion on New Oz bugeye member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; g'day to everyone Names Micahel i've owned my 02 bugeye for a year now and honestly i cant get over ...

New Oz bugeye member

g'day to everyone

Names Micahel i've owned my 02 bugeye for a year now and honestly i cant get over the joy it is to drive ( i came from a world of preformance holdens/fords which in essence are family cars with ls1's or turbo charged engines for those who dunno, big lumpy n horrible)

current mods include;
    Aps 3" TBE n uppipe
    Process west top mount
    reflash ecu
    short shifter
    all adjustable suspention mods n breaks bars etc.

made 151 wkw on a safe tune n now the mod bug has bitten im looking for some advise

as i do use to car currently as a daily ( not much driving in my daily life however)
    and as im new to subaru n the ej world i've learnt it aint cheap very quickly but now am in a position where i can through a large amount of money on my darling car.
    20k to spend i know all the issues with modding wrx's hard dont want go the sti or buy a different car.

i suppose my question would be where would u spend the money im open to all idea's
    the cars main purpose will be to hit the hills n mountains of victoria australia and have fun, however i am a big drag racing fan and would like to have a few runs with the boys at the track without the hastles of blown engines rah rah rah.
    essentially im looking at a 2.5 shortie and going from there, would an 11 sec pass be asking to much? i'd value everyones opinion on this matter keep in mind the car wont be raced every day more like once a blue moon on the strip that is.

hope that wasnt to long of a post,
    cheers
    Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cheers Mike, and welcome to the club.

You'll find that the site is fairly USDM focused, and my understanding is you guys have some major differences in product availability ($) and tuning options.

That being said, over hear $20K would be easily in the 11's. I'd recommend doing an STi transmission and the 2.5l.

Here is a good explanation on the traditional hybrid:

EJ25 Engine Installation Guide

I thought I had read someone was doing it now without using the WRX intake manifold by attaching the cable throttle mechanism or something though. Also I thought there are considerations regarding compression that don't seem to be covered there.

I'd talk to the tuner who is actually going to tune the car about the compression and the rest of the setup - injectors, turbo choice, etc.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Cheers Mike, and welcome to the club.

You'll find that the site is fairly USDM focused, and my understanding is you guys have some major differences in product availability ($) and tuning options.

That being said, over hear $20K would be easily in the 11's. I'd recommend doing an STi transmission and the 2.5l.

Here is a good explanation on the traditional hybrid:

EJ25 Engine Installation Guide

I thought I had read someone was doing it now without using the WRX intake manifold by attaching the cable throttle mechanism or something though. Also I thought there are considerations regarding compression that don't seem to be covered there.

I'd talk to the tuner who is actually going to tune the car about the compression and the rest of the setup - injectors, turbo choice, etc.

This. Except I would consider a 2.1L build over the 2.5L. If you're going to do the 2.5L block, the 2.35L long-rod motor would be ideal.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/