In one month she arrives.

This is a discussion on In one month she arrives. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ordered last week. Was going to be a 2-3 month wait. But was told they have same color one arriving ...

In one month she arrives.

Ordered last week. Was going to be a 2-3 month wait. But was told they have same color one arriving next month, they would just install options I wanted at port. Cant Wait

I should also mention I dont know how to drive manual....... What should I expect??

At first DGM was not on my mind. I was looking for a silver or Black one. But once I saw DGM I had to get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0673.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, congrats on purchase! but you should really have a friend help u learn on their car or buy a beater and learn to drive stick first. did u test drive a wrx at all or just ordered it..?

I didnt test drive it. But the seller took me for a ride and I was sold. I compared to my old car the acceleration in this is miles better. It was pretty comfortable or me too, im 6'1 and that was one of my concerns at first since I had never been inside one. I liked it

It's not hard to learn stick...I've known a bunch of people to learn on their new WRX or STI even...do some reading and watch some vids to get an idea. As Ruh Roh above says, if you have a friend with a manual, ask them for a little seat time to get the basics down.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I have tried before and kinda got a hang of it, but not enough to say I wont stall in the middle the road which is what im worried about. But one of these days im going to borrow my uncles manual truck that he doesn't use, and drive around and get the hang of it before my car arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by M3ndoza View Post
    I didnt test drive it. But the seller took me for a ride and I was sold. I compared to my old car the acceleration in this is miles better. It was pretty comfortable or me too, im 6'1 and that was one of my concerns at first since I had never been inside one. I liked it
    Lots of headroom in these cars!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congratulations on the purchase.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

one thing that will help you with that car is the hill assist which is a common problem area for beginners with stick. meaning you wpnt roll back on hills. my first 5 speed car was a 240sx like a year ago and i got the wrx still inexperienced. i learned from racing dirtbikes how to let out clutch and apply gas and shift, downshift and such but it really just takes seat time. my girlfriend wants to learn, but im sort of hesitant about letting her drive, dont have the $ to replace the clutch this early

Grats, the wait can be torturous. But it's well worth it.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    I got my 2013 Last week, It was my first time driving stick.

Stalled a few times here and there the first two days. Don't worry about the people behind you. Just work on bringing the clutch out slowly and give it some gas.

I am not great at it yet, but I am not so worried about stalling. Hills is another thing, even with the hill assist it doesn't always work on every hill, and it is absolutely gut wrenchingly painful to have someone on your a$$ and roll a few inches back.

But I am getting faster with the transition from Brake to clutch and gas, which is the issue with hills.