New 2013 WRB Hatch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2013 WRB Hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, ordered mine in mid August and it finally came after 8 long weeks of waiting. I'm new to ...

New 2013 WRB Hatch!

Hey everyone, ordered mine in mid August and it finally came after 8 long weeks of waiting. I'm new to the manual transmission game, had a couple of lessons but forgot everything by the time I sat behind the wheel for the first time. Salesman dropped me off in a parking lot and it's been getting easier every day.

Bought this for myself as a graduation present for completing PA school, boy was it worth the work and the wait. No performance mods planned, will get it tinted but I can't see myself going much further with it.

I'm out of Tacoma, by the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxpa22 View Post
    No performance mods planned, will get it tinted but I can't see myself going much further with it.
    Famous last words...

Congrats and welcome! The more you drive it, the better you'll get with the manual.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I've been driving manuals for 15 years now and I'm still having issues with my WRX. The clutch engages high and fast, and I'm almost always over-revving going into 1st. Starting to piss me off that I haven't gotten used to it yet.

I had my old Jetta down to a science, but that clutch was a mile long and I had half of that distance to engage.

Guess I'm used to a lazy clutch....

That is a REALLY pretty car. My 2013 WRX HB is silver, but I would have taken WRB in a heartbeat if they had one down here in Portland. Now, you need to get over to Mr. Griot's Garage and get some polishing and waxing supplies!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I've been driving manuals for 15 years now and I'm still having issues with my WRX. The clutch engages high and fast, and I'm almost always over-revving going into 1st...
    Practice, practice, practice.

By the way, allow me to congratulate you on the photo choice for your avatar!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    I've been driving manuals for 15 years now and I'm still having issues with my WRX. The clutch engages high and fast, and I'm almost always over-revving going into 1st. Starting to piss me off that I haven't gotten used to it yet.

I had my old Jetta down to a science, but that clutch was a mile long and I had half of that distance to engage.

Guess I'm used to a lazy clutch....
    Yea, I am with you on this one. Seemed to be a big learning curve with this clutch for some reason. I put the seat back a notch and that seemed to help.

OP, congrats on joining the 2013 club!

Quote Originally Posted by cohland View Post
    By the way, allow me to congratulate you on the photo choice for your avatar!

Chris
    That's funny...I should change mine to the "standard" avatar angle.

Grats and welcome. If it's any consolation, it's way better than the clutch on my Mazdaspeed3 was. That thing was basically an on/off switch. But you will get used to it. I personally think it's fairly easy to live with for a car of this type.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

FMS

Welcome to the club! Beautiful hatch.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    Grats and welcome. If it's any consolation, it's way better than the clutch on my Mazdaspeed3 was. That thing was basically an on/off switch. But you will get used to it. I personally think it's fairly easy to live with for a car of this type.
    The car that I took my lesson on was a 2011 Camaro with two sets of pedals and it was a horrible experience. Forgot how frustrating driving school instructors are since it's been about 10 years, had him constantly interfering and didn't learn much. That, and engaging the clutch in a Camaro is like trying to push a bowling ball through a snow bank.

Registered User CharlieBronson08's Avatar
    Congrats!! Beautiful. No mods, come on. At the very least get an Access Port. and maybe a down pipe...then you might just go ahead and add on the catback....and then...

Congrats, I just picked up my silver 5 door today.

welcome and congratz big phan of wrb
    -_- Brian -_- 2011 wrx 5 door ISM
    sti short shifter/ sti shift fog kit / cnt cat back/rally armor vr2 black silver letter
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...k-eye-mob.html
    ::StInK eYe MoB #7308

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast