Only days away from my new WRX...first post
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Only days away from my new WRX...first post within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for months while doing research to choose a new car and am now ...

Only days away from my new WRX...first post

Hey everyone, I've been reading these forums for months while doing research to choose a new car and am now proud to say that my new WRX is on the way. I had a few criteria in my search: awd (winter is looong here), four doors (kids seats in the back), manual, and fun to drive. WRX = check, check, check, double check.

I had a RSX for a while and really enjoyed it but I traded it in and took one for the team (family) to get our Odyssey (don't judge...it's actually a pretty sweet people mover After I test drove the 2013 ice silver premium sedan at my local dealer I knew I had to have it. Wow! Is this what you've all been up to all this time? I test drove many cars...328xi, 335xi, A4 2.0T, Evo MR, G37XS, Legacy GT, GTI, and while many of them did one or two things quite well none of them offered the same overall feeling I got from driving the WRX. The bonus is that I see all those other cars (except Evo) all over the place every day...not so many WRX's around.

My car is currently having a few options added at the dealer: short throw shifter, body side molding, under-seat sub, auto dim mirror/compass, blah blah blah. I had leather in my RSX and decided not to go the limited route on the WRX (though those HID's look nice) since I totally, unexpectedly loved the standard seats.

Ill post some pics after I pick it up. Thanks to all of you for providing me with invaluable information during my research phase and now I really look forward to enjoying my WRX ownership experience with all of you. Rock on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! That's cool you even had a chance to test drive. My local Subaru never have any in stock. Most are presold before hitting the lot. My only experience with driving a wrx is a buddies 05. Im sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Grats and welcome!
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

Congrats and welcome!

I'll be starting a Former RSX Owners Support Group, Wednesdays at 7, free coffee and doughnuts
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Congratulations...you will love it. I had an Integra GSR a long time ago...fun car back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

I'll be starting a Former RSX Owners Support Group, Wednesdays at 7, free coffee and doughnuts
    I never had an RSX, but I never miss free coffee and donuts.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

I'm lucky to have one of the largest Subaru dealers in the country only two towns over from me. Even with that they only had this one WRX sedan, one new STI (black hatch), and one used 2008 STI. I didn't even want to test drive the STI's for fear of falling in love with something that I didn't really want (hatches). They have a few coming in in November but they are all to fill current orders so I got pretty lucky that this 2013 silver sedan wasn't grabbed yet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations on the purchase.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's a great idea! I'm sure there are a lot of former RSX'ers around since that car became deceased. It was my first "real" car and I loved it, but this WRX would drive circles around it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.