first post need help!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on first post need help! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I live in seattle washington and am looking to purchase a WRX. I am looking in the range of ,000 ...

first post need help!

I live in seattle washington and am looking to purchase a WRX. I am looking in the range of $10,000 and dont really know what i should be looking for. I have been following these forums for a month or so and they have great information so i figured i would throw a post out there.

What are the biggest factors when looking to purchase a used WRX?
    I am looking for a 02-05 WRX

what would be considered good mileage for $10k assuming clean title?

is it worth sending to professional inspector before buying?

Would it be worth considering rebuilt title if repaired correctly?
    is it possible to get full coverage?
    would the insurance be insane considering i am 22 but have no wrecks or tickets on record?

Thanks everyone for the help!

-Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

10k for a 02-05 wrx is easily obtainable. Without a recon title. Up here I have seen a few 03/04's go for around that price with around 80k miles. Most are in great condition. And if that is the going price for a WRX up here it should be quite cheaper in Washington. Check out craigslist there are always good deals to be found. As for your insurance, it will be a bit expensive. When the WRX first came out they considered them a family car. But now I believe they classify them as a sports car (at least that is what my insurance told me). Have you had car insurance before? If you have and held a policy for a couple of years then it should be a lot cheaper. If you are a first time insurance buyer then it will be pretty high for about the first year and drop a little after that as long as you keep up with the no vehicle infractions. Keep that policy going and by the age of 25 it should drop substantially.
    2010 WRX Pr. - All Stock -

"Great Scotts!" -Doc

Insurance will depend on who you have, along with factors with how long have you had insurance, how long hve you had that particular insurance. Some companies may still clasify the WRX as a family car. It also depends on where you live, how many claims are put against them...there's a lot.

My insurance dropped...just a bit but still...from a base model Lancer when I traded it for a WRX. But I also do have USAA

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

^^ this, id look for an unmodded, low mileage bugeye and then use leftover $ towards mods

thanks everyone. the responses helped alot. to answer your questions. I have been on my parents insurance the whole time i have been driving and will have to get my own insurance once i get back from baseball this coming september. any ideas on a good first time insurance company?

USAA if you're militry, o military dependant

Otherwise, just shop around. Get quotes from a bunch and see which gives you the best deal. There doesn't seem to be any way to recommend one company over any others, as people seem to get their best deals from different agencies.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Re: first post need help!

There can be nice deals for a 10k budget, or near it. I bought a 02 with 12k miles in New condition for about 12k. This is in Alabama, demand is surprisingly high here. Even higher in Florida for some reason.

Mike

All I can find is 2002-2004 wrx's with anywhere from 100-150k miles some even with rebuilt titles for over $10,000. Cheapest I have seen was one with 152k miles for $8950

I've been doing some looking around for you as well:

2003 Subaru WRX wants $11,500 obo which means he will most likely settle for 10k
    2002 Subaru WRX 101k miles $9,500
    subaru wrx 2002 impreza 137k miles, No price listed. Could be fairly cheap if you call. Offer 6/7k and see what he says.
    2002 Subaru WRX 100k $10k

Trying to get a used WRX from a dealership will be rather hard to acquire. Try and look for sale by owner. There were seven WRX's posted today alone in the Seattle/Tacoma area. You might not find something right away. It took me two months to find a WRX I wanted in my price range. Best of luck!
    2010 WRX Pr. - All Stock -

"Great Scotts!" -Doc

I will check those out. Thank you!!

02 -05 shaft in the manual trans is week does not take hard lunches well. not sure if its the tail shaft but think its the input shaft. best i heard best fix is to upgrade to a six speed. i dont know the cost sorry

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.