New member from Beckley,WV
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New member from Beckley,WV within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well to start off my names Zach, i've been into pretty much anything with a motor since I started driving. ...

New member from Beckley,WV

Well to start off my names Zach, i've been into pretty much anything with a motor since I started driving. My first "Quick" car was a 2006 Cheverolet Cobalt SS. I know not everyones cup of tea, but i'm not here for your opinion on that I'm not gonna go into mod's and stuff but I do like to give my car history so that people know where i'm coming from.

It looked like this:

Then a few months later it sadly looked like this:

It was replaced with a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo:

I traded for a 2006 Trailblazer SS about a year ago. Traded because the girl I was with didn't like the car. Stupid. I know.

After a year in probably the most boring vehicle i've ever driven I finally got back into a car over this past weekend by picking up a 2009 WRX. 43,000 miles on the clock, one owner.

I haven't had any time for personal pictures yet, but here's one from autotrader:

Saturday I installed a Nameless Performance Axle Back, quad tip, and had the windows tinted to 20% all around. Tomorrows projects consist of removing the pinstripe, removing the "edge protectors" that the previous owner had on it for some reason, debadge a bit, and black out the trunk and window chrome.

and just for ****s and giggles here is my favorite toy :ritz:
    2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I'll be seeing you guys around!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome!
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

Welcome! Was the '06 cobalt the supercharged one? I don't remember, but i'd be curious to hear a comparison of that vs the turbo version.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Welcome! Was the '06 cobalt the supercharged one? I don't remember, but i'd be curious to hear a comparison of that vs the turbo version.
    Yes it was. Honestly IMO there is no comparison between the LSJ and the LNF. The LNF is leaps and yards ahead of the LSJ in performance. The 06 was ZZP Stage 3 w/ Alcohol injection and a ported blower. Pushing just at 19 PSI. Still only made 250 WHP (If that, never had it dyno'd ), and that was after a couple thousand dollars in mods. The LNF after a downpipe, muffler delete, charge pipes, intake, and methanol injection, was making 330 WHP and sub 400's in WTQ. That was on a 24 PSI tune w/ 93 octane and 50/50 methanol mix.

If I had to choose I would definitely go with the LNF over the LSJ, and I would recommend everybody else do the same. The only good LSJ is a turbo swapped one haha

Welcome from Independence, WV! Nic rex.

Thanks man! Gave her a good wash and hand wax yesterday and snapped a couple pics for you all, a real shoot will be coming soon once I get the time!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.