Another new owner of a 2003 Wrx!

This is a discussion on Another new owner of a 2003 Wrx! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! I'm new here, and only got my '03 Wrx a month or so ago! I look forward to ...

Another new owner of a 2003 Wrx!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and only got my '03 Wrx a month or so ago! I look forward to the information I can learn here, it's already helped me out. I do have some questions though, like is 120k miles on my wrx bad? Should I install a new uppipe, if so what brand? Plus, after driving through dirt when my car starts it squeeks for a second then goes away, any idea what that could be and how to stop it? My tires seem to be too big for my car when I turn they squeek and hit the wells, how bad is that? Thanks, and glad to be here! Hopefully won't be a noob for too long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedity View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new here, and only got my '03 Wrx a month or so ago! I look forward to the information I can learn here, it's already helped me out. I do have some questions though, like is 120k miles on my wrx bad?
    No. However missing maintenance is very bad. See if the 105K service (timing belt) and the 120K service were done. If not, do them yesterday.

Should I install a new uppipe,
    Maybe. I haven't.

if so what brand?
    Almost anything reputable, preferably used. Shop around. Buy new gaskets though.

Plus, after driving through dirt when my car starts it squeeks for a second then goes away, any idea what that could be and how to stop it?
    Sounds like dirt on your external accessory belts. If the belts have not been changed, change them with authentic Subaru belts. If they have been changes recently, check the tension.

My tires seem to be too big for my car when I turn they squeek and hit the wells, how bad is that?
    Bad enough to fix ASAP. Post the wheel size, wheel offset, and tyre size in a query thread in the suspension forum and see what can be done.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.