Hi everyone! First time here, I just bought a 2012 WRX. Anything I should upgrade?

This is a discussion on Hi everyone! First time here, I just bought a 2012 WRX. Anything I should upgrade? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I was just wanting to say hi and curious if I should upgrade anything on my 2012 WRX ...

Hi everyone! First time here, I just bought a 2012 WRX. Anything I should upgrade?

Hi everyone, I was just wanting to say hi and curious if I should upgrade anything on my 2012 WRX Premium?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by falker79 View Post
    Hi everyone, I was just wanting to say hi
    Hi!

and curious if I should upgrade anything on my 2012 WRX Premium?
    No.

Enjoy the site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I upgraded my stereo, ripped everything out and replaced the head unit and all the speakers. I also added a very inexpensive ($20 in parts) footwell illumination. Mine came with a short-throw shifter and the SPT CatBack exhuast so there's little else I want to do with it at this time. When the first set of tires is shot, I'll probably change the wheels and tires.

The next thing I do will probably be a year down the line, thinking about dropping the car about an inch. I don't want to slam it, just give it a more aggressive stance so I can keep or maybe improve the handling. Maybe some sway bars at that time. Once I'm near the end of the warranty, I'm probably going to flash it.

Point is, it's pretty much up to you. All the stuff I did would be considered minor. All of the stuff I'm planning is conservative, relatively. I want a car that is somewhat unique but not ridiculous.

What you do is up to you. I agree with the SD_GR, for now leave it alone and enjoy it.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

I Support ClubWRX
    Winter Tires? Shift Knob?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

ya my WRX came with a short throw shifter and nav. Thx for the input, thinking about getting some sway bars for front and rear to improve cornering. Do I really need the turbo gauges? I really like the idea of the lighting at my feet and a new shift knob.

I have always read that a positive mod would be to replace the front and rear shift bushings. About 70 bucks for both and not rocket science to install. Only positive feedback on this from what I have read. It will be my first mod done to my vehicle, I have just ordered Kartboy front and rear and a Cobb short throw. Ill let you know how hard it was to install.

Welcome.

There are plenty of mods that you can do. Only you can decide what you should do.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Welcome!

Drive the car for a bit, then decide where you think improvements can be made

Also, check the link in my sig for some info on modifying.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

FMS

Welcome to the club! Mods really depend on what you want to upgrade. Congrats on the new car and if you do decide to mod it let us know what parts you need.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Welcome.

There are plenty of mods that you can do. Only you can decide what you should do.
    Jesus that sounded like a SD_GR post.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

do what you want!
    and be prepared for a littlethrowout bearring noise on cold starts. thats about it

Audio. Definitely audio.