1K on the ODO
Results 1 to 14 of 14

This is a discussion on 1K on the ODO within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got to 1K and the breakin period is mercifully over. Now I don't have to volunteer several times a day ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124

    1K on the ODO

    Got to 1K and the breakin period is mercifully over. Now I don't have to volunteer several times a day to go get stuff.

    Now I can relax and start enjoying the car and stop watching the tach.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

    Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    I just broke 100 miles on mine yesterday (just got it this past Friday, 2013 WRX base sedan). The dealer told me the only break-in issue I needed to worry about was to not use the cruise control for the first 500 miles, so I've been driving the snot out of it without regard for much of anything. I've had a lot of new cars over the years, but none of them puts a smile on my face like this one. Couldn't be happier!

  4. #3
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,016
    Time to go racing through school zones.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  5. #4
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa10 View Post
    I just broke 100 miles on mine yesterday (just got it this past Friday, 2013 WRX base sedan). The dealer told me the only break-in issue I needed to worry about was to not use the cruise control for the first 500 miles, so I've been driving the snot out of it without regard for much of anything. I've had a lot of new cars over the years, but none of them puts a smile on my face like this one. Couldn't be happier!
    Interesting that someone at the dealership told you to ignore the clearly written break-in procedure in the manual. Was it a tech or a salesman who told you such?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  6. #5
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    Got to 1K and the breakin period is mercifully over. Now I don't have to volunteer several times a day to go get stuff.

    Now I can relax and start enjoying the car and stop watching the tach.


    Enjoy! I still remember my first drive after hitting that 1k mark!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  7. #6
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Interesting that someone at the dealership told you to ignore the clearly written break-in procedure in the manual. Was it a tech or a salesman who told you such?
    My bet goes to salesman....I'm still amazed at the lies they tell people.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  8. #7
    Darth Dizzle Romdizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    80
    I Support ClubWRX

    1K on the ODO

    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    My bet goes to salesman....I'm still amazed at the lies they tell people.
    +1

  9. #8
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    Got to 1K and the breakin period is mercifully over. Now I don't have to volunteer several times a day to go get stuff.

    Now I can relax and start enjoying the car and stop watching the tach.
    Congrats.. we should set up an Austin area cruise.

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    HI
    Posts
    19
    Congrats, I just broke 100 miles on my 2013

  11. #10
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    Congrats.. we should set up an Austin area cruise.
    You got yours?
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

    Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

  12. #11
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    You got yours?
    YES!!! Long story that I haven't posted yet... was supposed to get my order in December, but another dealer (San Antonio) had 2 on their lot.. went to look at them, walked out the next day with it!!! Silver 5 door... I LOVE it!!!!!

    So about this cruise???

  13. #12
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    YES!!! Long story that I haven't posted yet... was supposed to get my order in December, but another dealer (San Antonio) had 2 on their lot.. went to look at them, walked out the next day with it!!! Silver 5 door... I LOVE it!!!!!

    So about this cruise???
    PM me with some ideas of when it would be good timing for you, let's see what we can do.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

    Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Interesting that someone at the dealership told you to ignore the clearly written break-in procedure in the manual. Was it a tech or a salesman who told you such?
    Salesman. I haven't cracked open the manual yet, since I've been busy just enjoying the new ride. I suppose I should probably take a peek, though.

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Okay, so don't exceed 4000 rpm, don't drive at a constant speed for a long period of time (that would be where the CC restriction comes in), no rapid accelerations, and no hard braking for 1000 miles. Fair enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •