Just got a 2013 WRX Limited Hatchback
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just got a 2013 WRX Limited Hatchback within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, So I picked it up last week, so far have 421 miles on it. I haven't revved it past ...

Hi,

So I picked it up last week, so far have 421 miles on it. I haven't revved it past 4,000rpms except once on the test drive, so I guess I am still "breaking it in".

Is the 1,000 mile marker the okay time to start seeing what this car can do, or should I wait until 3,000 when I get my first oil change?

Also, the cargo flap cross bar makes an awfully loud tick-tick-tick over bumps and random rough spots on the road. I'm taken it out and re-installed it multiple times and don't see anything that could cause the tick....anyone had any experience with that? The dealer said they'll just replace it but I was curious anyway.

Thanks in advance! First Subaru, first WRX, first new car, second post!

J

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If over 1,000 it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the oil, Let the fun begin!!!! but remember its still new. I think all of the new WRX's will have synthetic so make sure you keep up with that. Put a few pics and have fun.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Welcome.

You can have some fun after 1k, but I wouldn't be red-lining it every gear and popping the rev limiter....unless you fund yourself in a drag race through a school zone.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Welcome.

You can have some fun after 1k, but I wouldn't be red-lining it every gear and popping the rev limiter....unless you fund yourself in a drag race through a school zone.
    Lmfao!

So an oil change after 1k and a drag race through a school zone. I think I found my place.

My last car was a broken up 1.8T Jetta, so I hope to reach a whole new level of driving with this machine.

How was the 1.8T? I had a fun time bashing a friend's boyfriend's riced out mk4 1.8t until he asked what I drove, he just shutted up after that. What gives?!

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    How was the 1.8T? I had a fun time bashing a friend's boyfriend's riced out mk4 1.8t until he asked what I drove, he just shutted up after that. What gives?!
    I had a mk4 1.8T as well. It had a lot of pick up for me at first, but faded fast and fell apart. Near the end, I was blowing coil packs at red lights, but the turbo never died on me which was a first.

Needless to say, I have definitely graduated. What I wanted the 1.8T to do and feel like is what this WRX is doing below the 4k rpm mark.

I can't wait to open it up.

Hey, what is the WRX acronym, my first guess is World Rally Cross, right?

How does everyone feel about a new car being waxed. Can it be light buffed with a buffer, or do you think the fresh paint may not be a good idea and should hand wax the first time.

Don't know. I am getting mine treated with Xzilon...yep, the dealer sold me on that one, that and the 100k mile warranty (I drive 25k+/year).

At least the Xzilon warranty sounds good, 5 years with no fading/oxidation? I hope so.

At 907 on the odometer!

Couple more commutes and the DC metro area should be wary of a new nightmare being unleashed on the roads...

:-D

Break in sucks big time...I am at 2,000 miles now. It was a big relief to be done with it. I changed my oil at about 1200 miles and now am hunting down school zones

Enjoy your last few days of restraint!

Awesome. Question: I've been doing a lot of city driving as well as some highway to get here, so should I get my oil changed shortly after 1,000 as well? And do I still do the 3,000 mile oil change after that?

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    At 907 on the odometer!

Couple more commutes and the DC metro area should be wary of a new nightmare being unleashed on the roads...

:-D
    A couple hundred miles won't make a difference. Unleash it now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Unleash the beast.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Registered User thescreensavers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    How does everyone feel about a new car being waxed. Can it be light buffed with a buffer, or do you think the fresh paint may not be a good idea and should hand wax the first time.

The dealer already probably waxed it with something. But its about a month for fresh paint, before you should wax or polish it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.