Pull the Trigger on a '13, or wait until the '14 production year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Pull the Trigger on a '13, or wait until the '14 production year? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Try getting kids to and from football/lacrosse/wrestling/basketball and taking the family on snowboard trips in a 2/3 door. WRX 5door ...

Try getting kids to and from football/lacrosse/wrestling/basketball and taking the family on snowboard trips in a 2/3 door. WRX 5door is perfect for my lifestyle. Yes it is possible, but the interior will be cramped and get trashed real fast. At some point in your life, you'll say "I'm done with 2 door cars". Atleast I did. Dont get me wrong. I like 2 door cars looks wise, but they're not practical for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by devilfluff View Post
    You and I differ greatly. Lack of 2 door is my biggest gripe with the WRX line up.
    +1. A reasonably priced "driver's car", aimed at a market interested in styling and driving performance.... that only comes in practical body styles. Weird. I think Subaru are missing a niche market of drivers who don't want to compromise on style. I'd have gladly chosen a 3dr hatch or 2dr coupe if available. I don't care how difficult it is for passengers to get in the back of my car. It's my car. If it's too much trouble, don't get in my car.

I like not having the burden of children

Honestly, I just encountered this kind of question with an iPad I bought yesterday. Yes, next years model is possibly going to be flashy and shiny with a trillion more horsepower and an in-car espresso bar, but this year's model is right in front of you. Seize the opportunity and enjoy it. If you want it to go faster, then do stuff to it. Want to make it prettier? Get some nice body mods. Just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    +1. A reasonably priced "driver's car", aimed at a market interested in styling and driving performance.... that only comes in practical body styles. Weird. I think Subaru are missing a niche market of drivers who don't want to compromise on style. I'd have gladly chosen a 3dr hatch or 2dr coupe if available. I don't care how difficult it is for passengers to get in the back of my car. It's my car. If it's too much trouble, don't get in my car.

I like not having the burden of children
    But that is what Subaru is! REAL damn quirky and borderline hideous! I love 2nd generation WRX's since there was an actual Wagon model. Its a turbocharged AWD station wagon. So wrong its awesome! Its a real Swiss Army Knife of the car industry, does nothing particularly better than everyone else but it does every everything. Just sucks on gas.

The 2/3 door sports car niche is being filled, Volvo has one, Ford is releasing some, Scion a few and then theres the BRZ.
    You can say 4/5 door niche is also being filled but the only cars I can think of are from BMW, Audi and Cadillac. No way on the first 2, #3 is just too damn expensive for me and American dependability doesn't necessarily scream decent.

I usually only use my backseats for people on Friday nights only, my trunk carries my toolbox. But being passed by a station wagon with a huge hood scoop. I love it =)

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    The 2/3 door sports car niche is being filled...
    I disagree. How many AWD hot hatches are currently available?

I Support ClubWRX
    Making it 2 door would do wonders to the insurance rates.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

You're right when factoring in AWD, Golf R is the only thing I can think of. And even then that's more STi territory. Guess I really hate the idea of a WRX limited to being 2/3 doors.
    If that happens I just hope they bring a manual back to the Forester XT.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    You're right when factoring in AWD, Golf R is the only thing I can think of. And even then that's more STi territory. Guess I really hate the idea of a WRX limited to being 2/3 doors.
    If that happens I just hope they bring a manual back to the Forester XT.
    Oh, sure. I wasn't suggesting they should only offer 3dr hatch or 2dr coupe. I just think they should also be available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12