A newb question

This is a discussion on A newb question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought a 2002 wrx last week, and it just hit my mind as i was washing the car, what ...

A newb question

Just bought a 2002 wrx last week, and it just hit my mind as i was washing the car, what happens if water enters the hood cooler part where air goes in? Say like during raining season and car washes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

A newb question

Nothing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    Lol wow
    you were a newb once upon a time... and I'm guessing still are since you're "cobb stage 2 with a boost controller". He just got the car... answer the question, or don't. Don't waste space with a degrading worthless post.

domokun: Absolutely nothing happens. As a matter of fact, Subaru has an intercooler sprayer on some models of STi's which sprays water or windshield wiper fluid (recommended for cold climates) to cool the intake charge. The only concern is if you spray it hard with a pressure washer. You can bend fins pretty darned easy by doing that.
    Last edited by Sinister; 10-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

A newb question

Someone did some poking around . I guess I should update my profile since that info is completely out of date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    you were a newb once upon a time... and I'm guessing still are since you're "cobb stage 2 with a boost controller". He just got the car... answer the question, or don't. Don't waste space with a degrading worthless post.

domokun: Absolutely nothing happens. As a matter of fact, Subaru has an intercooler sprayer on some models of STi's which sprays water or windshield wiper fluid (recommended for cold climates) to cool the intake charge. The only concern is if you spray it hard with a pressure washer. You can bend fins pretty darned easy by doing that.

Thank you sir, that makes sense! I can now have a peace of mind. I didnt expect this forum to be so helpful, so far it has been for several of my posted questions. clubwrx is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by domokun View Post
    Thank you sir, that makes sense! I can now have a peace of mind. I didnt expect this forum to be so helpful, so far it has been for several of my posted questions. clubwrx is cool.
    You're damn right it is!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some of us wash the entire engine bays a few times a year (myself, sasquatch(he has a how to somewhere on here), several others) just try and keep the water out of the intake as much as you can.

It's a good way to keep your car looking nice and new, aside from a few small metal fittings, my engine bay looks like it did when I got it. Sasquatch's probably looks better than when he got it

Also welcome to the forums.
    Last edited by twistedphrame; 10-08-2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: for teh welcome.