Looking to mod my newly purchased wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking to mod my newly purchased wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a 2005 wrx ej205 motor there a few things done and I want to know were to go ...

Looking to mod my newly purchased wrx

I bought a 2005 wrx ej205 motor there a few things done and I want to know were to go from here

stage 1 cams, valves, and springs

Lightweight reinforsed pistons weisco

stage 1 crank and piston rods

hks turbo timer

k&n cold air intake

stage 2 clutch

turbosmart bov

EVERYTHING ELSE IS STOCK AND I DONT WANNA MESS WITH THE EXAUGHST

looking at maybe a 16g turbo and bigger intercooler but I am not sure were to go with the mods from here

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In order to change your turbo you will need to upgrade your exhaust and get supporting mods (injectors, fuel pump, tune)

So if leaving the exhaust stock is your goal, you will need to keep the OEM turbo

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was looking at sti pinks injectors as far as tuneing we have local tuneing shop that has been helping me out
    and as far as leaveing exhaust stock its not super important but I want it to sound stock you know what I mean I dont want it to sound like a raceing car Im the silent killer.
    Anyway I dont mind playing with up and downpipe I have to have cat no matter what cause I have state inspection. so any recomendations on a catted performance system in witch keeps my car silent and allows me to do a 16g turbo that would be helpfull indead.
    And the fuel pump I have it covered I cant remember what one I have in it but I know my tuneing guy said it could handle up to 25psi in boost and produce enough fuel

And another thing I am wondering about the strength of the motor and transmission for the mods the car has 5000 miles on full rebuild stage 1 internals
    and 150000miles on everything else

I Support ClubWRX
    What's the shop you're dealing with?

STI pinks aren't enough for the 16G. You'd be better off with larger injectors; typically, 650+cc are used.

If you're set on the 16G, you'll need the following at a minimum:
    Uppipe (this should be done yesterday)
    Downpipe (Invidia, Cobb, and TurboXS all make decent catted versions)
    Fuel pump
    Injectors

These aren't required, but recommended:
    Recirculating valve, stock or aftermarket (vented valves aren't ideal for MAF-fueled cars)
    Intercooler
    Turbo inlet (the OE plastic one has a tendency to tear)
    MAF hose (if you're doing the inlet and have an intake, may as well finish the path)
    Boost control (EBCS, MBC, or both)

If your goal is to retain the stock catback, consider the Cobb downpipe, as it tapers to a 2.5" donut gasket. Otherwise, you'll need an adapter (the adapter is under $50).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Im dealing with just a local shop they usually dont work on other ppls wrx but they rebuild them here and fix them
    and thank you for the info I didnt know bout the pinks those were my idea lol geuss I will have to look a lil more for injectors lol

And another thing is my mass airflow sensor has been deleted my car is running a AEM ems system so vented does not bother the car

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.